Principal Java Developer (Spring/Python)- Secure US software house with long term ties to N.I - (Java, Core, Spring)
In a further period of exciting growth in N.Ireland VANRATH are partnering exclusively with a well established US softare that set up in Belfast a number of years. With a rock solid team already on board this is a key role in a very exciting period for the business.
You'll play a key role in leading a new team through the delivery of new components using best practices. It's hands-on, so you'll be involved in writing performance-critical code which sets the foundation of the application.
- Designing and implementing software solutions for reliability, resource utilization, high availability, I/O throughput, performance, scalability and security
- Working directly with engineering managers to help define and deliver the product roadmap
- Researching and evaluating new technologies that may improve the performance and elegance of our software implementation.
- Architecting, implementing and the delivery of quality software into an externally facing client product
- Participating in design reviews, code reviews, and unit and integration test reviews.
- Engaging with your team members to create a fun and energetic place to work and learn
- Extensive expertise in Java or Python. They use many technologies in their stack, including Java, Java (Spring), Python, SQL, Angular, Jenkins etc.
- Extensive expertise Object Orientated Design Patterns.
- Ideally previous experience in developing Cloud solutions with big data awareness.
- Worked with SQL DB - strong experience with any relational DB (is desirable)
- Deep knowledge of developing RESTful APIs.
- Previously worked in an Agile environment.
- Ability to be a leader, a coach and to mentor less-experienced developers
- An insatiable curiosity about software engineering, technology and a desire to learn more
- A strong work ethic and desire to continuously learn and improve
- A degree in an IT/Computer Sciences discipline or equivalent
Why join my client?
- Be at the forefront of a development team with responsibility and control over what you are making, with a real impact on their customers and users with every decision you make.
- Make a real contribution to your team and an input on the direction of the product.
- Work on solving challenging and interesting problems, whilst having fun!
- Be onboarded remotely and included in all aspects of our clients life.
- Collaborate cross-functionally
- Shape the culture, not by fitting it but by adding to it! Diversity of thought, having opinions and ideas heard, listening to others, seeking out opportunities to encourage collaboration and being present within the team simply by being your true self
- Be part of a great learning environment, where you have a chance to develop the skills that you want to. Own your learning and growth within our clients career development support framework plus, access to a huge online learning library
- Attractive base salary to pull in top talent. Six figure base salaries on offer dependent on experience.
- Competitive benefits that include: Annual Bonus, Employer Pension Contribution, generous holiday allowance, Health Insurance for you and family in addition to Mental Wellbeing Support from BUPA and access to 24/7 online GP service
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…