Client is seeking a Principal Software Engineer (Full Stack) to join their growing team!
As a Principal Software Engineer you will have responsibility for the architecture decision making within the team and ensure they build scalable, performant, easy to maintain, and cost-optimized solutions. You will be instrumental in the design and delivery of key business applications and solutions. You will be joining a team of talented, collaborative engineers eager to grow and deliver.
This role is for someone who enjoys building amazing platforms that serve insurance shoppers, insurance providers, partners, and internal users alike. You will improve the relationship with all of these clients through creativity and problem-solving using a wide range of tools.
Our Client Can Offer You:
- The opportunity to join a world-leading team of experts striving to redefine an industry with data and technology at its heart.
- An inclusive environment designed to develop your interests and passions while learning and achieving your goals.
- Very competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus plan
- Online learning platforms
- Engineering Certification Programs
- Flexible work environment
- Work From Home Allowance
- 30 days annual leave plus 4 stats.
- Pension plan
- Group Benefit Scheme - Private Healthcare, Dental and Optical insurance for you and your family
- Enhanced parental leave
- CSR and Social Events
Who You Are:
Humble, Hungry, Smart
What You'll Be Doing:
- Drive the architectural discussions and decision making within your team
- Coach and mentor junior engineers within the organization
- Design and delivery of key business applications and solutions. Adhere to our Software Development processes while improving our Engineering culture by identifying and addressing inefficiencies in our processes
- Proactively engage with cross-functional stakeholders including Product Managers and Architecture team
- Help craft, improve, operate & scale Our Client's growing cloud infrastructure, working with their Engineering teams and providing guidance on best practices
- Facilitate the implementation of their Cloud Native applications and services that are both sustainable and scalable in production
- As a member of this growing team, contribute to Our Client's methodology, toolchain, and patterns throughout all levels of the Software Design Lifecycle.
- A third-level degree in an Information Technology or Computer Science related field.
- 8+ years of professional programming experience including experience at a software product company
- Experience in at least one of the following disciplines: supporting cloud platforms at scale (preferably AWS), working with infrastructure as code, container orchestration environments (preferably Kubernetes), and observability platforms.
- Proficient in at least one programming or scripting language, such as Java, Kotlin, Golang.
- Experienced in continuous integration and deployment tools.
To discuss this role or for a confidential chat about the wider Software Engineering Market in Northern Ireland please contact Michael Magee at Vanrath