If you're looking for a unique opportunity to help grow and evolve a Data Engineering function with the opportunity to design, implement, and lead a group responsible for delivering on growth and industry-changing strategic objectives - this could be the perfect role. Please note this role is Remote first.
A role at this level literally comes up every few years, feel free to reach out to me directly on LinkedIN for more information.
The radical and responsible delivery of value is this companies mantra. My client believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. This business is a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and are looking for like-minded individuals to join them on this journey.
- Small teams, big things: no needless processes to get in your way.
- Develop, grow, thrive: This client promotes a philosophy where you can develop and grow as an individual and team. My client encourage you to approach problems in unique ways, try new techniques, learn from your colleagues, and master your craft.
- Real people, real problems: Team Members collaborate to build the right things the right way. Are you naturally curious about how things work and believe that sharing ideas and insights leads to better, more innovative products.
In this role, you will drive the transformation of data systems by designing and deploying architectures to drive greater analytical and business value from a wide range of data sources. The individual will work with Team Members to design and develop highly performant, resilient, automated data pipelines and data transformation applications, adapting technologies for ingesting, transforming, classifying, cleansing, and exposing data using creative schema design to meet objectives.
You will work in a dynamic, exciting, Agile environment that includes multiple teams within the organisation. Daily interaction with internal team members (data engineers and analysts, product/delivery managers, architects, etc.) will be required to develop creative, data-driven solutions.
Successful candidates must be self-starters, manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment. This individual must also work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leverage advanced data modelling skills to design and develop a dimensional model (facts, dimensions, etc.) for multi TB storage scenarios.
- Develop and support a comprehensive cloud-based DW architecture to facilitate data flow, normalization, and synchronization with upstream/downstream dependent systems.
- Lead the team - Architect, Design, and Implement our next-gen Data Integration and MDM solutions.
- Implement and maintain data integrations between various on-premise and enterprise cloud services.
- Focus on enabling the platform from the ground up to ensure flexible, robust, performant, and ongoing availability against a cost-effective management model.
- Design processes that manage data throughout its life cycle from ingestion, storage, retention, and deletion.
- Work with Product Managers and Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Identify and deploy appropriate file formats for data ingestion into various storage and compute services via ETL/ELT pipelines for multiple use cases.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve issues to maintain service-level agreements.
- Recommend long-term processes and solutions to ease support issues and stabilize applications and their use.
- Implement tests to ensure data quality across all integrated data sources.
- Create and maintain existing documentation (configuration, test scripts, functional specs for reporting, and integration).
- Contribute to continuous improvement and development of business processes.
- Demonstrate an open-minded and collaborative approach to creating innovative technical solutions.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other team members and early adopters of the platform.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience with advanced SQL Knowledge (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience with scripting languages (Python, PowerShell).
- 5+ years of experience interacting with web service APIs (SOAP, REST).
- 5+ years of experience with cloud DW solutions (e.g., Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, etc.).
- Experience in working within an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of GIT, Jenkins (CI).
- Experience with Automation, including Unit and Integration Testing.
- Knowledge of Cloud Concepts.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative, and be a logical thinker.
- Extensive consultative skills, including understanding and applying customer requirements, drawing out unforeseen implications, and making recommendations for design.
- The ability to define design reasoning and understand the potential impacts of design requirements.
- Strong collaboration, prioritisation, and adaptability skills.
- Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills with a track record of taking solution ownership.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
This role is open ended in terms of salary. My client will pay to attract and retain the very best talent in the market. Also please be aware there are MULTIPLE roles at this level.
I have been recruiting in the Belfast IT market for the past 17 years. I was a Java Developer initially in my career, and always felt that the process of applying for roles and interviewing could be better. At VANRATH we partner with you, providing up to date information on credible companies and roles that best match your skill-set or aspirations.
Please see below for some of my recent testimonials available on Google.
" I submitted a CV to Vanrath and was contacted by Ryan Quinn shortly after. We met for an initial discussion and the next day he had secured an interview for me that week. He gave me lots of useful information in preparing for the two interviews I had with the one company, before getting the job. Would highly recommend. "
" Ryan Quinn was extremely helpful in my job search. He found multiple appropriate roles which met my requirements and organised meetings/interviews which made the entire process as easy and pain-free as is possible".
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ryan Quinn in the strictest confidence.