My client is seeking a Principal Engineer to join their growing team. An excellent opportunity to work with a settled team that keep building at scale.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be a senior member of the team and you will be instrumental in the design and delivery of key business applications and solutions. You will have input in architecture decision making within the team and you will ensure my client build scalable, performant, easy to maintain and cost optimised solutions.
You will shine as a mentor to the team, providing technical insight and guidance.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design and delivery of key business data-driven applications and solutions
- Coach and mentor junior engineers within the team and organisation
- Adhere to the Software Development processes whilst improving the Engineering culture,
- Proactively engage with cross functional stakeholders including Product Managers and Data Analysts.
- Design and implement our next generation Analytics infrastructure
- A third level degree in an Information Technology or Computer Science related field.
- You will have 8+ years of professional programming experience including experience at a software product company
- You have experience in at least one of following disciplines; supporting cloud platforms at scale (preferably AWS), working with infrastructure as code, container orchestration environments (preferably Kubernetes) and observability platforms.
- You are highly proficient in Python libraries and have worked on these at scale in a cloud environment
- You are experienced in continuous integration and deployment tools.
- You have experience with relational databases.
- You have a security-first approach with a strong focus on secure delivery of application software and cloud infrastructure.
- You have experience with container based solutions such as Docker, Kubernetes
- You are proficient in deploying infrastructure via Terraform
- Cloud native services (AWS)
- Engineering systems/applications at scale
- Microservice based architecture
- Continuous integration and deployment tools
- Building Data Pipelines and/or ETL processing tools
- Experience with Stream processing frameworks
- Ability to performance tune SQL queries
- Experience with building & managing Data Lakes
My Client Can Offer You:
- The opportunity to join a world leading team of experts striving to redefine an industry with data and technology at its heart.
- An inclusive environment designed to develop your interests and passions while learning and achieving your goals.
- Very competitive salary
- Performance based bonus plan
- Online learning platforms
- Engineering Certification Programs
- Flexible work environment
- Work From Home Allowance
- 30 days annual leave plus 4 stats.
- Pension plan
- Group Benefit Scheme - Private Healthcare, Dental and Optical insurance for you and your family
- Enhanced parental leave
Summary: - My client work with the latest and greatest technologies, offering incredible learning and development opportunities, my client value the diversity of their people and invest in outstanding career progression and unrivalled flexibility and work/life balance.
My client have recruited and retained some of the best Technologists in NI. The feedback from placed candidates has been excellent. Also, there is a common sense approach to the hiring process, with full disclosure of the project complexity, technical debt and goals for the team. Rare for a senior role in this market.
The salary level for this role , is in the 80-85k base bracket. If your salary sits outside of this bracket, but the spec appeals, feel free to reach out to me on LinkedIN.
" I submitted a CV to Vanrath and was contacted by Ryan Quinn shortly after. We met for an initial discussion and the next day he had secured an interview for me that week. He gave me lots of useful information in preparing for the two interviews I had with the one company, before getting the job. Would highly recommend. "
" Ryan Quinn was extremely helpful in my job search. He found multiple appropriate roles which met my requirements and organised meetings/interviews which made the entire process as easy and pain-free as is possible".
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ryan Quinn in the strictest confidence.