- Job Reference: JSPCE160622
- Job Title: Principal Civil Engineer
- Salary: £38k to £43k DOE
- Location: Belfast Metropolitan Area
Principal Civil Engineer
VANRATH are recruiting a Principal Civil Engineer to take senior role on a wide range of Civils projects, predominantly in the design and/or assessment of building drainage, car parking and access roads.
Remote/Hybrid working arrangements can be discussed.
c£38,000 to £43,000 dependant upon experience.
Our client is a specialist infrastructure business operating across a wide range of sectors throughout the UK, including Water / Wastewater, Highways & Transportation, Renewables, Structural and Geotechnical engineering.
They currently have a vacancy in their Belfast office for an experienced Civil Engineer to assist in the preparation of structural schemes or specific elements of major improvements, which includes: Feasibility studies, Preliminary design, Detailed design and Preparation of contract documentation.
Chartership will be an advantage.
Our client is keen to support the successful candidate towards achieving Chartership, if this not already the case. This includes financial support, experienced guidance and fees covered for one professional membership per year.
- Demonstrate competence and experience throughout the delivery of Civils in building projects, inception to completion, across a diverse range of market sectors.
- Assist in the civil design process and take responsibility for the production of calculations and associated drawings for schemes from initial report studies to award of contract, including assistance in the preparation of contract documents and procurement.
- Contribution to technical feasibility studies and production of related reports.
- Lead the design process, including reviewing, checking and change control procedures.
- To ensure the effective use of a range of standard office, CAD, and specialist computer applications within the team.
- Commitment to continued professional development, and the development of new skills beyond the core functions.
The Ideal Person
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Minimum 3 years experience working on Civils projects
- Chartered or open to supported pursuit of Chartership
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby on 028 9033 0250 for a confidential discussion.