PMO Manager - HSCNI - Band 6
Vanrath are excited to recruiting for a Band 6 - PMO Manager to join an exciting project which is heavily involved with procuring and implementing replacements for the current Finance, Procurement, Logistics, Human Resources, Pay and Travel Management systems.
The PMO Manager will support the Senior PMO Manager and Programme Manager to provide an effective, quality led, and best practice PMO function to ensure the programme deliverables and outcomes are achieved.
The successful post holder will have a key responsibility to support the co-ordination and delivery of the PMO programme activities including programme governance meetings, preparation and maintenance of programme documentation, and programme tracking and reporting.
The post holder will have a culture of team working, continuous improvement and innovation with the ability to prioritise tasks.
The Ideal Person
You should have demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Working within a structured project management framework and/or in a PMO within a medium to large organisation
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques such as PRINCE2
- Familiarity with MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Powerpoint, SharePoint
- Oversee the delivery of an efficient and effective PMO administrative function for the equip Programme including planning, allocation & quality assurance of administrative activities and prioritisation of tasks in accordance with overall Programme priorities
- Support the Senior PMO Manager to embed and maintain Programme Management Office structures, processes, templates and standards to ensure the effective delivery and control of the Programme
- Support the Senior PMO Manager to develop, maintain and monitor key programme documentation including programme plan, RAID registers, benefits realisation logs, and programme reports
- Support the Senior PMO Manager in the creation and dissemination of reports and presentations using metrics from key programme documentation
- Provide line management support to a team of Project Administrators, including provision of supervision and training support
- Provide training and onboarding support to new team members as required
- Work closely with the Senior PMO Manager and Programme Manager to support planning, logistics, preparation of papers, and delivery of programme governance meetings
- Provide support on facilities and equipment management for the equip Programme including maintaining equipment asset registers, ordering equipment as necessary and other activities as required
- Provide high quality oversight and control of document management processes and repositories for the Programme, including maintenance of sharepoint structures & quality assurance of branding, version control and naming conventions for Programme documentation
- Provide direction, guidance and feedback to project team members, both internal and external to the Programme in relation to PMO processes, policies, templates and ways of working
- Develop a good understanding and awareness of PMO and Programme Management best practice and ways of working
- Maintain effective communication systems with internal and external stakeholders demonstrating a high level of competency in oral and written communications
- Utilise effective time management techniques to balance and prioritise competing demands of workloads
- Undertake any other duties as may be allocated in accordance with the needs of the Programme
Communication and collaborative working:
- Deploy expert communication, negotiation and influencing skills to build and maintain excellent working relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, supporting each key working relationship to innovate and achieve reform in accordance with Programme objectives
- Represent the Programme in local or regional forums and other collaborative projects and structures
- Communicate with suppliers/vendors as required, ensuring good relationships are maintained at all times
The Ideal Person
Ideally someone who has experience working within a structured project management framework and/or in a PMO within a medium to large organisation.
Salary / Benefits
Band 6 - Circa. £32K (Plus holiday, Pension & Benefits)
For further information on this vacancy, or any other PMO public sector jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McGrath in the strictest confidence.
A few words below with candidates I have recently worked with to help them their next career move:
"I would definitely recommend Vanrath if you are looking to secure a new job opportunity. In particular, Shannon McGrath was very helpful, providing detailed information about the role and giving timely updates and reassurance throughout the entire process. Shannon made the whole experience very easy!"
"I had a great experience with Vanrath, and in particular the help provided by Shannon McGrath was first class! She was extremely thorough in helping me land a new job and gave me all the necessary information I needed prior to the interview and afterwards. Very friendly and approachable, and I would fully recommend Shannon to anyone that needs help finding work!"
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…