VANRATH are delighted to be assisting a major client with the Recruitment of an Executive Assistant to the Senior Management Team based in Belfast.
This is initially an 8 week Temporary position
Salary - £29,200 - £29,269
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To provide a confidential, personal and executive support to the Executive Director taking responsibility for the organisation and running of his office on a day to day basis to include:
- Managing the Executive Director's diary;
- Drafting letters, reports and presentations on behalf of the Executive Director;
- Organising meetings (including catering), preparing papers ensuring the Executive Director is well prepared and briefed for meetings;
- Collating and analysing information for the Executive Director; and
- Managing complex internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Responsible as first point of contact for the Executive Director dealing with external and internal communication and dealing with complex and sensitive issues in his absence, re-directing as appropriate.
- To understand the key roles, responsibilities and priorities of the Executive Director, proactively building strong relationships with each internal and external contact in order to provide a high level support service.
- To manage the routine handling of mail, email, social media enquiries directed to the CEO, Chair, etc. whilst preserving confidentiality and discretion about sensitive material. Record and filter mail to appropriate Senior Managers/staff within the organisation as required. Ensure replies to such enquiries are managed in an efficient and effective manner, in line with organisational policies and procedures. The post-holder will also be required to draft responses to such enquiries as appropriate on behalf of the Executive Director, Chair, etc.
- Provide a confidential secretarial service for the Group Chair, Vice Chair, Officers' Group and Nominations & Governance Committee. Take responsibility for any relevant actions arising from closed session of Group and Subsidiary Board meetings. To arrange the Annual General Meeting (and any Special Meetings) of shareholders in consultation with the Company Secretary.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's, including Mathematics and English, or equivalent
- RSA Stage II Typing / Word-processing
- Proficient in the use of Shorthand
- At least two years' experience providing Private Secretary or PA support to Board/Committee level
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to collate and analyse statistics
- Ability to record minutes of meetings
- Excellent organisational skills including ability to manage diaries, organise travel itinerary
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Results orientated
- Proven success in a similar role
''Vanrath were massively helpful in helping me secure my new role. They provided tips and example questions for the interviews and were able to get quick feedback.''
''In my eyes, VANRATH is the clear industry leader of recruitment in Northern Ireland. With a long history of placements, they have perfected the recruitment trade, which was made very clear to me during my time with them. Whether you plan to find your new role or work directly for VANRATH, you can expect nothing but the best.''
''I would highly recommend Vanrath. Very quick response to my application. They have been extremely dedicated to finding me a role that was best suited to my future career development.''
''Vanrath have been fantastic in helping me gain employment in my chosen field. Extremely helpful throughout, easy to talk to, and regularly went above and beyond to ensure I was happy at my current place of employment''