VANRATH are excited to be working alongside a leading Global Law Firm and one that holds a prestigious reputation for the recruitment of an Personal Assistant.
This is a Monday - Friday (Flexible start and finish times available)
This is a Hybrid working position - 3 days at Home & 2 days in the Belfast City Centre office.
Permanent position - this is a very rare opportunity with an extremely good company
Experience in a Legal/Law environment is essential
£29,000 - £35,000 + Fantastic Benefits Package & Hybrid Working & Genuinely a Great Place to Work
The Ideal Person
- PA or Executive Assistant/ Legal Secretary experience in a Law firm or Legal environment is essential
- Legal experience essential
- Intermediate to Advanced skill level with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word).
- Great organisation and communication skills
- Fast and accurate type speed
- High level of computer literacy
- Plan for and deliver high quality, accurate work whilst managing deadlines, responding to change and the competing priorities of all work.
- Coordinate and produce accurate H compliant documents and correspondence (including drafting engagement), reports and presentations. Utilise other services as appropriate
- Establish and maintain effective work practices with partners and lawyers to manage the matter life cycle from file opening to closure/archival. This includes adhering to the firm's conflicts process, managing information barriers, contributing to the effective management of electronic and hard copy content and active legal project management.
- Proactively manage and understand partner and lawyers' diaries using business knowledge to prioritise commitments. This will include organising appointments, conferences and meetings via multiple methods (videoconferencing, teleconferencing, client office software etc), considering lead and travel times, and coordinating meeting preparation and post-meeting actions.
- Proactively manage all communications both in and out of the partner and lawyers' office and maintain responsibility for ensuring everything is dealt with in a timely fashion
- Manage the coordination of the billing process including liaising with Revenue, the editing of bills, coordinating write-offs and discounts, collating bills and narratives in their final form as per firm policy and process.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jack Groves in the strictest confidence on 02890330250.
While there are many benefits to working with recruiters, it's easy to fall into the trap of thinking that all you have to do is show up to land the job. That is far from the truth. Here are five steps to better your chances of landing a job when working with a recruiter.
- Apply to an opportunity directly on the recruiting firm's site.
- Take your application process a step further and connect with the recruiter on LinkedIn to formally introduce yourself.
- Think about what you want out of your next job and where you want to be in the next five years. This information is invaluable to recruiters and will help them find the right fit for both you and their clients.
- Be responsive to any messages from a recruiter - you never know if you'll miss out on an opportunity because you weren't quick enough!
- Stay in touch. Even if the original role you applied for isn't a good fit, recruiters have many open positions they're trying to fill, and you may be the perfect addition for another client of theirs.
Recruiters are third-party resources that companies hire to assist in finding and attracting candidates to their organization. They take the time to understand a company's long-term goals and use their network of contacts in the industry to help connect companies with candidates who are a good fit. This saves employers time and money by narrowing their choices down to a select group of talented individuals.
For a recruiter to find the best match for their clients, they need to know their candidates with the same depth and intimacy with which they know their clients. They need to understand the candidates' career goals, aspirations, salary requirements, and any other detail that may pertain to what they're looking for. Additionally, recruiters need to assess how well a prospect may fit into an organization's culture and how that career path aligns with not only the company's long-term goals but also the candidate's career goals.