VANRATH is delighted to be working exclusively with a well-known commercial services business as they increase the size of their finance team to meet the needs of a growing business. My client is in search of a Payroll Administrator. My client is responsible for many businesses within the hospitality sector across Northern Ireland and is continually building their portfolio.
The new Payroll Administrator will have a wide range of benefits including:
- Office based
- Free canteen
- Staff Parking
- Peaks discount card in retail stores and hospitality venues
- Opportunity for career progression
- 29 Days holiday that increase with Service
As a Payroll Administrator you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Update employee information, such as leaver/starter and ensuring they are up to date on the system
- Ensure all time-sheets and other information (sick lines etc) are submitted in a timely manner before payroll deadlines
- Review and quality check payroll after completion by payroll provider before payment
- Manage ongoing payroll queries, both with employees and the payroll provider
- Contribute in a team undertaking administrative, advisory and payroll duties to ensure that all procedures are completed to a high standard.
- Ensure weekly and monthly payroll are processed before the payroll deadlines
- Ensure payroll requirements and procedures are being followed.
- Previous experience and knowledge of all Statutory Legislation relating to payroll, SSP, SMP, SPP and holiday entitlement calculations.
- Manage standards, processes and controls ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Other ad-hoc payroll reporting for the business
The Ideal Person
The Payroll Administrator must be a confident individual who has the ability to pursuit in a busy commercial environment. A self- starter that is highly motivated to complete tasks who can also liaise with colleagues when issues occur. As a Payroll Administrator you must meet the following criteria:
- 5 GCSEs, grade C and above (English and maths essential)
- Strong IT skills including; MS Word and outlook
- Intermediate skills in Excel
- Ability to use and adapt quickly to new technology and systems
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with a range of colleagues and service users
- Good analytic and numeracy skills
- Flexibility to meet deadlines
- High level of accuracy
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Must maintain confidentiality with regards to personal information
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chanel Gillen in the strictest confidence.