Job Description: Senior Database Administrator (SQL Server)
Role Overview: My Client are a financial services and technology company that specializes in providing solutions to empower businesses and merchants. They offer a range of services and products tailored to enhance payment processing, financial management, and business operations. Their focus is on enabling businesses to thrive in the rapidly evolving digital landscape, offering innovative tools and solutions to drive growth and success.
- Collaborate on logical/physical database design with engineering teams, ensuring current data models.
- Design and develop schema, indexes, SQL queries, and stored procedures.
- Maintain database specifications, data dictionary, and coding standards.
- Perform problem resolution, root cause analysis, and preventive measures.
- Analyze SQL query plans, diagnose performance bottlenecks, and take corrective actions.
- Evaluate and implement system upgrades and enhancements as necessary.
- Build HA and DR systems using advanced clustering and replication techniques.
- Ensure 99.999% uptime for all OLTP production databases.
- Assist in reviewing and preparing database deployments with Engineering teams.
- Manage backups to meet business Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Conduct backup tests to ensure compliance with Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Gain deep insights into business processes facilitated by our software products.
- Stay updated on industry best practices, services, and supporting tools.
- Provide hands-on design, development, and code reviews.
- Demonstrate expertise in SQL Server architecture, including engine, query processing, optimization, and locking.
- Collaborate effectively within the team and provide after-hours support when required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of SQL Engineering/Administration experience, with a strong focus on SQL Server 2012+.
- Extensive experience supporting 24x7 OLTP and data warehouse/BI environments.
- Profound knowledge of SQL Server architecture, including engine, query processing, optimization, and locking.
- Experience automating database-related processes and alerts.
- Proficiency in configuring MS SQL for high availability and Disaster Recovery using SQL Clustering and Always On Availability Groups.
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, VBScript, T-SQL).
- Knowledge of storage systems.
- Understanding of SQL replication technologies is desirable.
- Some experience with security and encryption is preferred.
- MCSA/MCSE certification is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible paid holiday policy.
- Company bonus.
- Private Medical Insurance for the employee.
- Life Assurance (4x salary).
- Income Protection (75% of salary until state retirement age).
- Work From Home allowance (£60/month with £26 tax-free per HMRC rules).
- One-time Home Office setup allowance (£500).
- Pension Contributions (5% employer contributions).
- Co-working space day or month passes if you prefer working with others.
If you are interested in hearing about this Data role or any other oppourtnity please do reach out to Rachel Boyle on 028 90330250