Are you part-qualified Accountant looking for the next step in your career? Have you FMCG experience, keen to ascertain role that has a clear progression pathway, and distributes their sought after products globally across the world? Look no further! The successful Assistant Accountant will report directly to the FC and gain excellent experience in a fast paced and dynamic finance function.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working pattern
- Excellent career progression
- Great work life balance
- Private medical cover
- Extended maternity leave
About your next employer
Our client has over 25,000 employees across 43 countries and 6 continents, and offer the highest quality product to a range of industries to include, food and beverage, automotive, healthcare and more. Working in a state of the art facility, the successful candidate will gain excellent experience and exposure.
What you'll do
The successful Assistant Accountant will be responsible for a variety of tasks and will play a vital part, in the day-to-day running in the finance function. Ideally the successful candidate will have previously assisted in the preparation of management accounts.
- Bank and cash reconciliation and weekly cashflow forecasting
- Preparing and submitting quarterly VAT returns, EC Sales Lists, Intrastat declarations
- Month end adjustments including bad debt provisions, accruals and prepayments, foreign exchange translation
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Overhead variance analysis
- Monthly review of expenditure against budget
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management and statutory year end accounts
- Assist with statutory audit
- Assist with preparation of budgets and forecasts, including liaising with budget holders and providing historical data
The Assistant Accountant profile will be:
- Part-qualified Accountant with membership of a professional body such as ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent
- You will be in a similar fast paced role or be in a position to show us that you're ready for this growth opportunity and the ability to work to deadlines
- You will have experience of using accounting software and be skilled in using Microsoft Excel
A fantastic opportunity for a hands-on and driven individual who wants to gain career progression all whilst learning and developing on the job. This role offers variety and a support from the senior team, to ensure you develop a stable career and progression within a global company.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah O'Doherty in the strictest confidence.