VANRATH has partnered with a leading supplier of building materials and timber products, to hire an Outside Showroom Sales Executive for the Dromore branch. The sales team is expanding due to continued growth and investment in the UK and Ireland.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic sales team.
Reporting to the Head of Retail Sales, the successful candidate will join a dynamic sales team.
Highly competitive salary on offer. Depending on experience.
(October - February) Monday-Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm, Friday 8.30am-4.00pm
(March - September) Same as above but with 1 agreed half day during the week, and a Saturday morning 8.30am - 12.00pm shift.
- Maximise sales (Outside Rooms division)
- Processing orders and proactively engaging with customers.
- Dealing with enquiries and building a pipeline of quotations.
- Building a network of installers, cultivating a close and helpful working relationship to grow a repeat business stream.
- Assist and guide customers in their paving and walling choices to ensure the optimum, landscaping solution is achieved for the customer.
- Ensure the Outside Rooms Centre is maintained to a high standard, by merchandising and replenishing literature and samples.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the Outside Rooms branch including opening and closing of premises.
- Work closely with colleagues in the Outside Rooms team including Landscape Designers and the Marketing department to identify projects of interest and marketing opportunities.
- Work with the Paving Installer Manager to identify and grow potential Installers.
- Build relationships with internal colleagues in the wider AG family & JP Corry to ensure processes operate smoothly.
- Liaise with both, existing AG recommended installers and new paving installers, to build and cultivate close working relationships.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and be part of the development of our product range by identifying new products suitable for the market.
- Take responsibility for personal development and actively seek opportunities to better yourself as part of a dynamic team.
- Any other duties as required by Senior Management and the Directors of the Company, commensurate with the role and within capabilities.
- Embody the company culture of exemplary customer service in your everyday performance, providing a professional yet personal customer experience.
- Endorse our market leading landscaping products by showing how they will enhance the customer's lifestyle and outside living space.
- 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths and English
- Previous sales experience in a retail or showroom environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other software packages.
- Valid driving licence with the ability to travel to and from work areas as and when required.
- An excellent communicator, who is friendly, polite, and very engaging.
- Proven ability to be proactive.
- Effective in building and maintaining good customers relations with a wide range of people, both internally and externally.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude, with a proven desire to learn.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask a seasonal workload.
- Exceptional all-round administrative skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work summertime hours as and when required.
- Can travel to and from work areas as and when required.
- Flexibility to work on Saturdays during the summer months.
- Medically fit and healthy for the requirements of the role which may include some physical aspects such as manual handling and lifting.
- Third level qualification in a Business-related field
- Knowledge of landscape design
- Experience in the tiling sector/construction industry and/or building products knowledge
- Experience of calculating areas of design for order quantification.
- Ability to take ownership of their own environment and seek help when needed.
For further insight into this vacancy and fantastic company, please apply via the link below or contact Conor Groves in the strictest confidence.
When you work with a recruiter you are automatically in a select list. If you match the qualifications of a job the recruiter is working on, you'll be then put into a carefully curated list of candidates. Now your 1 in 1000 selection becomes more like 1 in 10 depending on the job role. For businesses, they get a select list of hand-picked candidates and workers are in a better position to stand out and be put forward for a job by being able to promote themselves to the recruiter with a human conversation.
it's all about who you know.
A recruiter will know the business they hire for personally. When you send across your CV and you get to speak to a recruiter let them be your cheerleader. After a conversation to explain what you want and what you can offer it's their job to sell you to the business.
Good recruiters have a ton of industry contacts. An experienced recruiter will know lots of hiring managers who work within your field. If you don't get the first position you are interviewed for, your recruiter will likely have a few more in mind or know of some upcoming that they can keep in touch for, so it's worth leaving your contact details.