- Job Reference: JSNPDM090123
- Job Title: New Product Development Manager
- Salary: £34,000 to £36,000 + Package
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Lisburn
New Product Development Manager
Are you experienced in New Product Development within engineering environments? Looking for the next step in your career to a Manager role within FMCG?
VANRATH are recruiting for a fantastic career opportunity, looking for promising talent with a background in New Product Development and engineering to step up into a management role for our well recognised FMCG client.
Our client is a family owned and directed manufacturing company, with a network of facilities at multiple locations throughout Lisburn, NI.
As a well-recognised and trusted organisation, they have multiple awards over the years, including Business Growth Awards, Lisburn Business Awards and Belfast Telegraph's Top 100 Companies. Their healthy and progressive approach towards business, in particular empowering their staff base with skills for success, has lead to sustained growth over the past few years and large expansion.
£34,000 to £36,000 per annum (DOE)
- 32 days Annual Leave
- Flexi Time Scheme
- Quarterly Attendance Reward
- Loyalty Bonus
- + More
- To oversee and manage simultaneous projects in relation to new products through all stages from conception through to implementation and evaluation.
- Work closely with intergroup companies to introduce new products into their portfolio in line with company launches.
- Liaise with suppliers as required including sourcing of samples, pricing and technical specifications for all new products.
- Resourcing of supply chain to reduce costs and collaborate with suppliers on process improvements.
- Liaise with internal technical departments e.g. Quality, Engineering and Production to ensure samples meet quality and safety specifications as well as ensuring manufacturing and machinery capability.
- Provide key stakeholders, Senior Management Team and Directors with periodic updates on project status, ensuring any major changes or movement with timescales is communicated clearly.
- Ensure all Project Plans are regularly updated and direct all internal departments to ensure all aspects of the Gateway Process are completed on time to achieve target launch dates.
- Contribute to Key Stakeholder Pre-launch process in conjunction with the Training & Development Manager to ensure product information and training material are accurate.
- Ensure supply chain meet critical deadlines to ensure product launch dates are met.
- Co-ordinate full post launch analysis in conjunction with the Senior Management Team and follow up on actions as required
- Manage & develop the New Products team to ensure projects are completed within agreed timescales from conception to implementation and evaluation
- Supervise and allocate the work of the New Product team whilst ensuring strong leadership and direction.
- Ensure the provision of full, detailed and accurate technical and quality specifications for each project, whilst ensuring adherence to Company and New Products ISO procedures, master samples etc.
- Acquire and retain in depth product, supplier and customer knowledge.
The Ideal Person:
- Third Level Qualification in Engineering or Business related field
- Minimum 2 years experience in industry
- Experience of product design and project management
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250