VANRATH have partnered with one of the fastest growing furniture stores that has branches all over Ireland and the UK. The organisation is looking to recruit a Merchandiser.
The successful candidate will work from the Belfast office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any Retail Merchandising experienced individual to join a large company that offers many routes for progression.
£30,000 - £40,000 (Dependant on experience)
38 hours per week
- Support the Commercial Manager to develop and execute a product strategy which will deliver against budgeted sales, margin, net profit and working capital targets
- Future sales and range planning as well as communicating closely with suppliers in line with the trading plan
- Coordination and maintenance of product data, prices and promotions and in doing so support and help to create world class, high quality inspirational product ranges
- Manage terminal stock sell through and promotional markdown to protect profitability and delivery of margin targets
- Manage and develop a rolling 12 month trading calendar, price file management ensuring pricing decisions meets OFT regulatory commitments
- Review and analyse range plans to reflect changing trends, new product development and customer insight
- Maintain integrity of range plans to support a logical range architecture through a one-in-one-out change process
- Perform sales, profit and gap analysis to support buying decision making and optimal utilisation of space
- Manage the critical path from product ordering to store delivery to ensure stock is delivered as planned
- Develop key Supplier relationships and processes.
- Provide accurate reporting on supplier performance
- Working with Supply Chain / Retail create a deliverable capacity plan and retail execution brief
- Responsible for daily / weekly analysis of figures
- New line, Item Card and Hierarchy set up and accuracy
- Retail and Cost price file maintenance and accuracy
- Understanding customer needs, market trends, competitor activity and influence change where relevant.
- Develop and source a high quality and inspirational product range which will deliver against budgeted sales, margin, net profit and working capital targets
- Ensure activities meet and comply with organisational and legal requirements for Health and Safety and general care
- Support trading and operations on ecommerce platforms.
This list is not extensive, and you will be expected to fulfil additional responsibilities as per business requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a sales led environment.
- Proven Merchandise experience gained in a fast paced environment, ideally within Retail
- Ability and confidence to build relationships across all levels of the business and ability to demonstrate effective influencing skills
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Proven experience in Financial modelling / Ability to analyse data efficiently and effectively
- Ability to use data to adapt commercial plans and exploit opportunities to and/or mitigate risk
- KPI / results driven
- Commercially focused / high attention to detail
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Sales/Business Support job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Conor Groves in the strictest confidence.
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.
VANRATH recruits across a diverse range of sectors including:
Accountancy & Finance
Engineering & Manufacturing
Sales and Marketing
Supply Chain and Procurement
We recognise that making a career change can be a huge step. We will support you through every step of the recruitment process, from an initial discussion of your goals and aspirations, to the security of your new position.