VANRATH have partnered with one of the fastest growing furniture stores that has branches all over Ireland and the UK. The organisation is looking to recruit a Senior Merchandiser.
The successful candidate will work from the Belfast office.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any Retail Merchandising experienced individual to join a large company that offers many routes for progression.
£30,000 - £42,000
38 hours per week
- Support the Commercial Manager to develop and execute a product strategy which will deliver against budgeted sales, margin, net profit and working capital targets
- Future sales and range planning as well as communicating closely with suppliers in line with the trading plan
- Coordination and maintenance of product data, prices and promotions and in doing so support and help to create world class, high quality inspirational product ranges
- Manage terminal stock sell through and promotional markdown to protect profitability and delivery of margin targets
- Manage and develop a rolling 12 month trading calendar, price file management ensuring pricing decisions meets OFT regulatory commitments
- Review and analyse range plans to reflect changing trends, new product development and customer insight
- Maintain integrity of range plans to support a logical range architecture through a one-in-one-out change process
- Perform sales, profit and gap analysis to support buying decision making and optimal utilisation of space
- Manage the critical path from product ordering to store delivery to ensure stock is delivered as planned
- Develop key Supplier relationships and processes.
- Provide accurate reporting on supplier performance
- Working with Supply Chain / Retail create a deliverable capacity plan and retail execution brief
- Responsible for daily / weekly analysis of figures
- New line, Item Card and Hierarchy set up and accuracy
- Retail and Cost price file maintenance and accuracy
- Understanding customer needs, market trends, competitor activity and influence change where relevant.
- Develop and source a high quality and inspirational product range which will deliver against budgeted sales, margin, net profit and working capital targets
- Ensure activities meet and comply with organisational and legal requirements for Health and Safety and general care
- Support trading and operations on ecommerce platforms.
This list is not extensive, and you will be expected to fulfil additional responsibilities as per business requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a sales led environment.
- Proven Merchandise experience gained in a fast paced environment, ideally within Retail
- Ability and confidence to build relationships across all levels of the business and ability to demonstrate effective influencing skills
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Proven experience in Financial modelling / Ability to analyse data efficiently and effectively
- Ability to use data to adapt commercial plans and exploit opportunities to and/or mitigate risk
- KPI / results driven
- Commercially focused / high attention to detail
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Sales/Business Support job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Conor Groves in the strictest confidence.
Recent Feedback from our candidates:
''The team at VANRATH were extremely helpful in helping me find my new role. They kept me up to date on my application and provided excellent advice throughout the interview process. Overall the process could not have gone smoother or any quicker and I would definitely recommend reaching out to them if you are on the lookout for a new role.''
''I was contacted by VANRATH in regards to a job I had applied for. They were extremely helpful and gave me a number of positions to apply for. They had interviews set up in a number of hours and I secured a position within days. They kept we well informed throughout the process and has continued to touch base after I have started my new role. Couldn't recommend enough.''
''I found Vanrath very professional from the off, they took the time to understand my background and experience only putting me forward for Jobs, that were suitable both with respect to my experience and abilities as well as my intended career direction.''