- Job Reference: JSME061123
- Job Title: Mechanical Estimator
- Salary: Competitive, Full Package
- Location: Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Are you an Estimator/QS with a Mechanical background? Looking to take the next step in your career with an award winning specialist contractor?
VANRATH are recruiting a Mechanical Estimator to provide specialist commercial support in the Data Centre sector.
- Competitive Salary
- 30 Days Annual Leave
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Free annual Health Check at work
- In-House training and career development opportunities
- Employee Health and Wellness Committee
- Calendar of social events for all employees
Business Eye Awards 2023 Finalists for Employer of the Year, Medium Company of the Year, Manufacturer of the Year and Green Company of the Year. Our client lead the way in NI for the design, supply and installation of prefabricated energy solutions.
For their involvement in projects for the Data Centre sector, they assume the role of Specialist Prefab M&E Contractor. A rapidly growing area of the business, driving future success and forward-thinking expansion goals.
- Provide estimating support for a wide range of commercial projects including Mechanical, Electrical, Modularisation works as well as building works.
- Produce detailed take-offs of major items of plant and cost accordingly.
- Complete mechanical & electrical take offs from schematics & 3-D designs and collate into material & labour costs.
- Produce detailed take-offs of mechanical & electrical modular frames associated with prefabrication works.
- Quantify & cost accordingly the required labour to complete the works being costed.
- Review of project & tender specifications to assist in bid/no bid decisions.
- Source & assess equipment supplier & sub-contractor's quotes.
- Liaise with specialist contractors & suppliers and obtain accurate costings for any specialist or construction/civils works as required.
- Liaise with the wider commercial & contracts team to format secured project budgets ready for project delivery.
- Liaise with purchasing department and contracts managers to ensure that materials, equipment and plant detailed in original specifications and drawings are ordered in line with quotations received at tender / design stage.
- To attend site meetings alongside design engineers & contracts managers as required both pre & post contract award.
The Ideal Person:
- Third Level qualification in M&E, Quantity Surveying or similar
- 2+ Years Experience in Cost Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Experience working on Data Centre projects would be an advantage
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby on 028 9033 0250 for a confidential discussion.