- Job Reference: JSME280423
- Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
- Salary: £38k to £45k DOE
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Belfast
Are you a technically strong, self-motivated Mechanical Engineer? Interested in an incredible career opportunity as a core member of a new expansion office for an established international manufacturer?
VANRATH are recruiting an experienced, self sufficient Mechanical Engineer to take lead role in the initial set up of a new expansion office for a global electronics manufacturer.
Our client is a UK based, international electronics manufacturer specialising in wireless real-time location systems and camera based tracking sensors, designed to detect and monitor personal in hazardous zones.
An established and well renowned industry presence in Europe and beyond, the company is now pursuing aggressive international expansion plans, looking to leverage existing customer portfolios and activity to penetrate targeted markets in the US, South America and the Middle East.
£38k to £45k dependant upon experience
As part of an initially small expansion team, with the remit of setting up operations as a base for NI to eventually become the client's Manufacturing headquarters, the Mechanical Engineer will immediately be one of three strategic roles to be considered as Site Lead.
Beyond this, as a core member of the team, they will be given an incredible opportunity to grow with the company as it builds a large production team and infrastructure around them, on a national scale.
* Producing designs for sensor housings, test equipment and production jigs and fixtures.
* Using CAE tools such as SolidWorks to produce engineering information, such as 3D models, assembly drawings and detailed manufacturing drawings.
* Numerical and computational modelling (hand calculations, FEA)
* Using simulation, analysis and hand calculations to verify engineering designs.
* Creating documentation for Approvals Bodies as part of the certification process.
* Failure Mode Effects Analysis and Disassembly Inspection Failure Analysis, including reports.
* Preparation of technical information in support of procurement activities.
* Tolerances and dimensions in the production of detailed manufacturing information.
* Liaising with the manufacturing & quality teams to see products into full-scale production.
* Improvement of quality control, yield, robustness and costs.
* Contributing to hazard analysis and risk assessment exercises.
* Maintaining and updating engineering drawings, documentation and PDM systems.
* Construct prototypes and perform mechanical and functional testing.
The Ideal Person:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, minimum 2:1
- Minimum 5 years experience industry experience
- Design Engineering experience
- New Product Development experience
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250