- Job Reference: JSMS201123
- Job Title: Materials Supervisor
- Salary: £38,000 to £41,000
- Type: Permanent | 4 Day Week
- Location: Belfast
Are you an experienced in Materials Control? Interested in a career opportunity with a world renowned, international manufacturer?
VANRATH are recruiting a Materials Supervisor to lead a team in the process of materials from receipt, storage, allocation, packaging and dispatch.
Our client is a world leading manufacturer in medical technology. Their innovative products and services span areas such as Medical and Surgical supply, Neurotechnology, Orthopaedics and Spine, with a strong focus on continuously improving patient and healthcare outcomes.
A strong global presence, they now operate in over 75 countries worldwide, with a network of 51k employees and their products and services positively impact over 130m patients annually. They offer unique career opportunities in NI that include exciting elements of travel within their wider global organisation.
£38k to £41k DOE
This role is offered on a condensed, 4 day work week Monday to Thursday.
- Ensure that work is completed strictly in accordance with work instructions, procedures, and process flows.
- Identify and resolve by liaison with other departments as appropriate any procedural or process issues or defaults in material management.
- Work collaboratively with demand planning, sourcing, Operations and Finance to provide material availability analysis and provide insight to optimum build schedules.
- Manage offsite storage and delivery, minimizing wastes in the value stream
- Be the site owner for materials accuracy
- Manage the inbound and outbound logistics ensuring JIT of raw materials the right product at eh right time to the outbound customer.
- Ensure material accuracy throughout the value stream.
- Organize and complete stock taking activities as necessary.
- Issue purchasing material review and ensure material availability in the necessary areas to meet the production schedule
- Train materials team on new or modified processes and to maintain records accordingly
- Supervise the disposition of all defect product.
- Maintain Bill of Materials item master data for current and future materials.
The Ideal Person:
- 5 Years Experience in Manufacturing
- Minimum 2 years experience in Materials control
- Advantageous: Experience in Process Improvement
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250