VANRATH are delighted to be assisting our client who is a major public body within N.Ireland with the Recruitment of a Marketing Officer Band 4 for a 12 month contract.
This is a Band 4 post paying up to £12.25 per hour or £23,790 per year.
The main function of this post is to help support the development and implementation of integrated marketing strategies to recruit and retain blood donors.
The role will also include provision of reports as well as the development and delivery of presentations.
- Use a variety of tools to communicate with other departments internally
- Use a variety of tools to communicate with external stakeholders (e.g. donors, lapsed donors and the general public), to include but not limited to; face to face, telephone, post and digital methods
- Deliver engaging presentations to large groups
- Expand capacity to communicate with all stakeholders by developing and implementing digital communication tools
- Organise, contribute to and attend health fairs and public events
- Communicate with media outlets where necessary
- Develop and maintain working relationships with schools, universities and other external organisations
- Contribute to internal staff newsletter
- Organise and host Youth Forum events
2. Knowledge, training and experience (Marketing)
- Develop marketing literature
- Research and prepare business cases
- Develop social media content
- Knowledge of internal systems; Pulse, Q-Pulse
- Identify new session opportunities and respond to new session requests
- Coordinate schools programme; organise and deliver educational talks/presentations, work with session planning officer to organise donation sessions, KPI to assess effectiveness
- Coordinate universities programme; organise and deliver educational talks/presentations, attend fresher days and work with session planning officer to organise donation sessions, using KPI's to measure effectiveness.
- Work with community groups and sports teams to promote blood donation and organise donation sessions
- Use digital tools for media monitoring
- Carry out inspections of venues to ensure they meet the needs of the service
- Use internal quality systems
- Analyse research findings to plan marketing activity
- Evaluate of marketing plans and their effectiveness
3. Analytical and Judgemental Skills
- Use departmental procedures to prevent mistakes and correct any basic errors which may occur
- Identify and record any incidents and when necessary report to senior management
- Use records of past events to ensure adequate staffing for Fresher's days
4. Planning and Organisational Skills
- Formulate annual marketing plans for several of the organisation's target markets
- Organise schools, university and college programmes
- Order equipment and resources necessary for role from stores department and external sources
10. Research and Development
- Undertake regular audits of marketing activity
- Carry out and take part in research projects
- Participate in departmental audits
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Communications job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Phil Doherty in the strictest confidence.
''I was contacted by VANRATH in regards to a job I had applied for. They were extremely helpful and gave me a number of positions to apply for. They had interviews set up in a number of hours and I secured a position within days. They kept we well informed throughout the process and has continued to touch base after I have started my new role. Couldn't recommend enough.''
''Had a great experience with Vanrath. Being new to Northern Ireland, they made me feel very welcome. The team provided lots of tips and support for job opportunities. Would thoroughly recommend the Vanrath team!''
''I was contacted by VANRATH in regards to a job I had applied for. They were extremely helpful and gave me a number of positions to apply for. They had interviews set up in a number of hours and I secured a position within days. They kept we well informed throughout the process and has continued to touch base after I have started my new role. Couldn't recommend enough.