It's an exciting time to join our client as they implement their 5-year growth plan and as such, are hiring Manufacturing Engineers. The successful candidates will be responsible for the design, development, validation and on-going support of the TAS production system to ensure the system produces product that consistently fulfils technical, quality and cost requirements while operating at the customer demand rate and ensuring health, safety and environmental requirements are adhered to.
£32,500 - £40,000 + benefits DOE
- Perks discount
- 33 days annual leave
- Gym membership
- £5,000 employee referral bonus
- Life assurance
- Unite the Union member
- Wellbeing Initiatives
- Employee Recognition scheme
- Design, prove, implement and/or maintain production systems to deliver product on time, to quality and cost requirements.
- Support continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, process improvement, machine availability through lean techniques and value engineering to enhance the capability of existing processes and remove waste.
- Support product design for manufacture and assembly activities.
- Support product CAM/CAE activities.
- Support cutting tool selection/design, work holding tool design and mould design.
- Support validation plans to ensure robust and comprehensive technical solutions.
- Develop and maintain project plans and budget profiles to ensure delivery of milestones to agreed cost targets and timescales.
- Identify and justify capital equipment investment.
- Analyse and improve material usage.
- Analyse downtime, identify trends and develop solutions.
- Ensure accuracy of manufacturing engineering procedures, documentation and systems data.
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions.
- Produce written reports and make presentations.
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks relative to the value stream or central function.
The Ideal Person
- Manufacturing/Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering degree is preferred. MSc/MEng would be a plus.
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience in a similar environment, i.e. automotive, aerospace or heavy engineering.
- Highly experienced technicians in a manufacturing engineering discipline with a minimum qualification of HNC will be considered for associate and professional manufacturing engineer.
- Engineering graduates with less than 5 years' experience will be considered for associate manufacturing engineer.
- Membership of an industry related professional body would be advantageous.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact John Magill in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more...