VANRATH are delighted to be seeking an experienced Managing Director to join and industry leader in the building/construction sector. This position control and oversee all business operations, people and market opportunities and as the highest ranking manager in the organisation, will be responsible for the overall success of the business.
The ideal candidate will be a strategist and able to steer the company in the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals. The ideal individual must have excellent leadership skills and be confident in continuing to support & develop the employees. They must also be competent at building working relationships with existing and new prospective clients in local & regional markets.
- Develop and execute the company's business strategies in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Oversee the company's financial performance, investments and other business ventures
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Develop & explore business development opportunities through maximising sales opportunities and support commercial contracts with existing & prospective customers
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
The requirements and skills:
- Proven experience as Managing Director or other managerial position (sales preferred)
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be preferred
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
- Understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
The role will offer a highly competitive salary for the most suitable candidate along with profit related bonus, pension contribution and annual leave.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Executive role in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.