If you are seeking a strategic move to progress your accountancy career, this could be the ideal opportunity. The position of Assistant Management Accountant will work closely with the group finance manager to ensure accurate, timely and informative monthly reporting.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- Salary up to £42,000, depending on experience
- Annual Holiday leave
- Employer pension contribution
- Life Insurance
Our client is a leader in their sector and continues to grow and expand across increasing markets and through acquisitions. It therefore offers a unique opportunity for a qualified accountant to be a part of that progression and development, which will lead to personal progression gained through experience.
In this role, you'll be responsible for managing the month-end consolidations process. As part of this, you'll play an integral part in managing the month-end close and subsequent financial reporting.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Assisting in the preparation of in depth commentary and variance analysis for Board reporting.
- Assisting in preparation of regular KPI reports.
- Analytical review of profit and loss.
- Preparation of balance sheet control account reconciliations.
- Assisting in review and strengthening internal systems and controls.
- Assisting in preparation of financial forecasts.
- Assisting in product costing analysis including review of existing costings / Bills of Materials.
- Assisting in preparation of the annual divisional budget.
- Assisting in preparation of the annual statutory accounts.
The ideal candidate will be qualified and experienced in the following areas:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA but will consider part-qualified, working towards qualification.
- A minimum of 1-2 years recent experience within a similar practice or industry role.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with particular emphasis on data manipulation within Microsoft Excel.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Driven and keen to ascertain career progression.
- Must be well organised, with an ability to work accurately within tight deadlines.
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb at VANRATH in the strictest confidence.
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.