If you are seeking a strategic move to progress your accountancy career, this could be the ideal opportunity. The position of Management Accountant will work closely with the group finance manager to ensure accurate, timely and informative monthly reporting.
What's in it for you?
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- Salary circa £45,000, dependent on experience
- 34 days paid leave per year (including 9 customary holidays)
- Provision of company laptop and any other necessary IT equipment
- Opportunity for hybrid working after the completion of training
- Free on-site Parking when in the office
- Contributory Pension and Life Assurance schemes
- Development Opportunities
Who is your future employer?
Our client is a leader in their sector and continues to grow and expand. It therefore offers a unique opportunity for a qualified accountant to be a part of that progression and development, which will lead to personal progression gained through experience.
What doesthe role involve?
In this role, you'll be responsible for managing the month-end consolidations process. As part of this, you'll play an integral part in managing the month-end close and subsequent financial reporting.
- Preparation, review and consolidation of monthly management accounts, including P&L, balance sheet & cashflow statements
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Complete month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and post month end journals e.g. accruals, prepayments
- Assist with AR, AP and Cash close process
- Completion of UK and ROI VAT Returns
- Support annual budget preparation, cash flow forecasting and reporting
- Manage reporting models including integrated P&L, balance sheet and cashflow forecasts that can support strategic growth plans to stakeholders
- Evaluate the company's performance using key data
- Produce reports and make forecasts to assist business planning and decision-making
What they're looking for?
The ideal candidate will be qualified and experienced in the following areas:
- Experience of working within finance, particularly within management accounts and budgetary control
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA qualified
- Forward thinking and driven accountant with strong analytical and technical skills, who will be able to develop month end reporting, budgeting and forecasting models
- High IT literacy especially advanced MS Excel skills with ability to learn new systems quickly and to become an expert user
- Positive attitude and team player
- Good interpersonal & communication skills
- Experience with MS Navision / Dynamics (Desirable)
What's the next step?
If you think this role may be of interest to you, or you wish to discuss any other accountancy or finance jobs in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Henry Webb at VANRATH in the strictest confidence.
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.