Management Accountant - Belfast (9-12 months)
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for a Management Accountant for a commercial business based in the Belfast area. The role has arisen to provide cover for the current Accountant who is overseeing a niche project, but this could lead to extension/permanent thereafter beyond an initial 9-12 month period as the team has capacity for a top performer. Ideally the appointment will commence within 2 weeks to allow a full handover and this role will provide an enjoyable and positive assignment for the successful candidate.
The purpose of the role is to play a prominent role in the finance department, delivering key information on both management and financial accounts, reporting directly into the FD. Duties are as follows:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including full profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheet review.
- Liaise with managers to ensure all queries associated with the monthly management accounts are correctly and promptly treated.
- Monitor, record, analyse and report on activities, trends, results and recommendations relating to the monthly management accounts
- Responsible for managing all of the Company's bank accounts including detailed reconciliation, balance reporting and the provision of detailed cash flow analysis.
- The reconciliation of other major balance sheet accounts, with adjustments completed where necessary
- Assisting with project work
The Ideal Candidate:
- Professionally qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent level QBE
- Third level education in an accountancy or business related field (desirable)
- Experience of operating within a medium to large organisation
- Experience of producing management accounts including full profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheet reviews
- Experience of managing Company bank accounts including reconciliation, balance sheet reporting and cash flow
- Experience of Microsoft products, particularly Excel spread sheets
For further information on this vacancy, or any other, Interim Accountancy appointment in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link provided or contact Robbie Lemon in the strictest confidence.