Maintenance Technician (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Maintenance Technician based in their Belfast site. The post holder will form part of a dedicated Maintenance Team, responsible to the Facilities Manager and site management team for providing an efficient reactive and planned preventative maintenance service
- To carry out all statutory maintenance obligations in relation to the fabric of the company e.g. Fire Log, Emergency light tests, Health & Safety checks, Fire Alarm test and electrical testing.
- Re-position, adjust and change gallery lighting, light levels, case lighting and lighting of individual specimens for exhibitions under the direction of a Curator/ Conservator/ senior member of staff or partner contractor.
- To develop and maintain an awareness of best practice and current developments in lighting, and advise on procurement accordingly.
- To occasionally liaise with all external contractors arriving onsite and provide additional support as required.
- To carry out daily reactive and planned preventative maintenance throughout the company.
- To carry out or assist in other areas of associated maintenance, including minor plumbing, joinery and electrical work throughout the company.
- To assist in the preparation, planning and operation of a regular maintenance schedule in conjunction with the Facilities Manager and site management team. To keep maintenance records up to date and those of third party service providers.
- To use reactive maintenance software as a means of recording and carrying out minor repair works.
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum of 2 GCSE's at Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent) and 2 years' previous practical experience as a fully qualified electrician/ plumber/ HVAC Engineer etc.
A minimum of 3 years' previous practical experience as a fully qualified electrician/ plumber/ HVAC Engineer etc.
- A general knowledge of Health and Safety procedures and issues.
- Experience of working independently or with others as part of a small multi-skilled/ disciplinary team.
- Willing to undertake training & development to meet the requirements of the role.
- Possess a current, valid driver's licence or access to a suitable form of transport to be able to carry out the full duties & responsibilities of the role.
- Hold a time served qualification with a relevant body such as NVQ or IEE with verifiable certification.
- Possess a recognised Health and Safety qualification such as CSR card or equivalent.
- Possess a recognised Health & Safety qualification e.g. working at heights, erecting tower scaffold, etc.
- Experience of managing apprenticeships and mentoring skills in a maintenance environment.
- Experience of working in a visitor attraction/ museum environment.
£26,017 - £26,728 plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…