Maintenance Team Leader- Engineering (Public Sector)
Are you looking for Maintenance Team Leader- Engineering role? Interested in working for a large public body for a period of 6 months+ with a possible extension?
VANRATH are recruiting a Maintenance Team Leader- Engineering to be responsible for maintaining engineering equipment and buildings throughout the estate and will have responsibility for a small team of maintenance staff including Fitters, Plumbers, Electricians, Painters, Joiners and Maintenance Assistants. In addition the post holder will also provide general supervision and co-ordination of contractors, sub-contractors and specialist utility companies.
c£27,005, alongside holiday entitlement.
- The supervision of a small, multi-disciplined Maintenance Team providing electrical, plumbing, mechanical and building maintenance services to a variety sites. These comprise hospitals, health centres, outreach clinics, offices and staff accommodation.
- To assist and support the local Estates Officer to meet the requirements of the Service Level Agreements through effective organisation. To manage and monitor contractors engaged for minor maintenance works.
- To understand the workings of engineering services and building systems in premises. Ensuring that they are maintained to a high standard and that all plant and equipment are utilised in a safe and efficient manner.
- To deputise for the Estate Officer during annual and sick leave.
- To issue and receive work control documents, timesheets, works orders etc. and to check that all staff timesheets are checked and all job dockets are completed and signed off on a weekly basis.
- To manage safety procedures for staff and contractors.
- The role will also include partial working as a Craftsman at tasks relevant to their core discipline as the need arises.
- To actively participate in the operation and control of engineering and building planned maintenance schemes.
The Ideal Person
You must have completed a formal training scheme and hold a recognised industry standard qualification in either a Mechanical or Electrical discipline.
- Have City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a Mechanical or Electrical discipline.
- At least 2 years relevant post apprenticeship experience working in a maintenance environment.
- Applicants substantively in post in the Health and Personal Social Services on 1 August 1986 and having served a recognised apprenticeship will be eligible for interview for this post, notwithstanding the above qualification requirement.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.