Maintenance Plumber (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Maintenance Plumber for 6 months initially with the possibility of extension. You will predominantly be based in their Craigavon site.
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfil a requirement to:
- Interpret and work from all instructions, drawings and specifications appropriate to his trade without supervision.
- Set out new work or set up new production appropriate to his trade using relevant instruments and machinery without supervision.
- Perform a wide range of the work of other craftsperson in a safe and competent manner. To enhance the flexibility of the workforce.
- Manufacture, assemble, erect and install new work. Competently maintain and repair all types of rotating plant eg. compressors, blowers, pumps etc.
- Carry out maintenance and repairs to a wide range of catering, laundry, boiler, sterilising etc. equipment and to steam distribution systems and associated plant.
- Carry out routine inspections, servicing and testing of plant and equipment as detailed on. Planned Preventive Maintenance Schedules.
- Welding repairs to pipework, plant and equipment.
- Diagnose and repair faults on Plumbing Installation.
- Recognised and registered EITB or CITB Apprenticeship or approved training in Mechanical Engineering (Plumbing)
- Three years POST qualification experience in Plumbing installation and maintenance
- City and Guilds NVQ Levels 2 & 3 - Mechanical Engineering (plumbing)
- City and Guilds craft and advanced craft (Plumbing / Mechanical Engineering) with full time served apprenticeship
- Time served Plumbing apprenticeship in a Health care Maintenance environment
- Craft Exams or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualifications
c£24,000 per annum, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Check out some of your candidate feedback-
''I would highly recommend Vanrath. Very friendly and helpful staff. They very informative and kept me up to date throughout the interview process and answered any questions I had.''
''I was contacted by VANRATH in regards to a job I had applied for. They were extremely helpful and gave me a number of positions to apply for. They had interviews set up in a number of hours and I secured a position within days. They kept we well informed throughout the process and has continued to touch base after I have started my new role. Couldn't recommend enough.''
''The team at VANRATH were extremely helpful in helping me find my new role. They kept me up to date on my application and provided excellent advice throughout the interview process. Overall the process could not have gone smoother or any quicker and I would definitely recommend reaching out to them if you are on the lookout for a new role.''