Maintenance Officer (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Maintenance Officer for 3 months initially with the possibility of extension. You will predominantly be based in their Downpatrick site.
- To carry out inspections of properties to a set timetable in order to authorise the Housing Executive's Contractors to carry out necessary maintenance work;
- To conduct inspections to properties, again to a set timetable, in order that works done are of an acceptable standard and that payment for such work can be authorised;
- To advise tenants of maintenance policies and their responsibilities for the maintenance of some items in their homes or to provide information on the progress of works their homes or the timeframes for such works to be done;
- To draw deficiencies in the delivery of an effective maintenance service to the attention of the Contractor in the first instance in order that remedial action can be taken;
- To liaise with other Housing Executive staff, particularly those involved in allocation of homes, to ensure that houses vacated on changes of tenancy have necessary works done so that they can be re-let as soon as possible.
- A degree in Building Studies (or equivalent) with 1 year relevant experience;
- A BTEC Higher Diploma in Building Studies (or equivalent) with 2 years relevant experience;
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- Relevant experience will be considered as working on the design, improvement or maintenance of domestic properties.
Hourly rate ranges from £11.39 - £16.60, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.