Maintenance Officer (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Maintenance Officer for 3 months initially with the possibility of extension. You will predominantly be based in their Antrim site.
- To carry out inspections of properties to a set timetable in order to authorise the Housing Executive's Contractors to carry out necessary maintenance work;
- To conduct inspections to properties, again to a set timetable, in order that works done are of an acceptable standard and that payment for such work can be authorised;
- To advise tenants of maintenance policies and their responsibilities for the maintenance of some items in their homes or to provide information on the progress of works their homes or the timeframes for such works to be done;
- To draw deficiencies in the delivery of an effective maintenance service to the attention of the Contractor in the first instance in order that remedial action can be taken;
- To liaise with other Housing Executive staff, particularly those involved in allocation of homes, to ensure that houses vacated on changes of tenancy have necessary works done so that they can be re-let as soon as possible.
- A degree in Building Studies (or equivalent) with 1 year relevant experience;
- A BTEC Higher Diploma in Building Studies (or equivalent) with 2 years relevant experience;
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- Relevant experience will be considered as working on the design, improvement or maintenance of domestic properties.
Hourly rate ranges from £11.39 - £16.60, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.
Recent Feedback from our candidates:
''The team at VANRATH were extremely helpful in helping me find my new role. They kept me up to date on my application and provided excellent advice throughout the interview process. Overall the process could not have gone smoother or any quicker and I would definitely recommend reaching out to them if you are on the lookout for a new role.''
''I was contacted by VANRATH in regards to a job I had applied for. They were extremely helpful and gave me a number of positions to apply for. They had interviews set up in a number of hours and I secured a position within days. They kept we well informed throughout the process and has continued to touch base after I have started my new role. Couldn't recommend enough.''