- Job Reference: RAME110122
- Job Title: M&E Maintenance Officer (Public Sector Organisation)
- Salary: £31,346 - £34,728 + benefits
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
M&E Maintenance Officer
Are you looking for an M&E Maintenance Officer role? Interested in working for a large Public Sector Organisation?
VANRATH are recruiting for an M&E Maintenance Officer on behalf of a large Public Sector Organisation in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
£31,346 - £34,728 + benefits
The M&E Maintenance Officer is responsible, through the Senior Maintenance Officer, for the efficient and effective maintenance of M&E services in all properties and responsible for providing feasibility, costing and delivery of various minor works.
Additionally, the M&E Maintenance Officer is responsible for the efficient management of all the M&E Technicians.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Organisation and Administration
- The efficient organization, operation and control of all matters pertaining to maintenance within the estate
- Communicate at all levels within the Authority's structure and externally with all relevant Agencies
- Prioritise, co-ordinate and present work to Technicians and to contractors
- Work within an allocated budget, monitor and control expenditure
- Issue, estimate costs, check and certify works orders to contractors and suppliers and certify payments
- Provide advice to other sections within the division and other departments within the Authority
- Provide financial and technical advice to Authority property users on matters pertaining to their funded projects
- Inspect and report on the property issues regarding maintenance or capital works as requested.
- Personally be responsible for the maintenance of building services
- Respond on a day-to-day basis to requests from property users for urgent repairs and issue work to Technicians or appointed contractors
- Responsible for preparing and carrying out detailed condition surveys of all properties to record and identify maintenance requirements and to prioritise work for a planned maintenance programme
- Responsible for compliance programmes, costing, preparation of documents, supervision of work and finalising accounts
- Responsible for the preparation of projects for minor capital improvements at controlled properties including feasibility studies, estimates and providing all necessary documentation
- Ensuring that all work executed by contractors and Technicians is conducted in a safe manner, commensurate with Health and Safety legislation and other relevant regulations pertaining to the work
- Prepare specifications and estimates for both capital and maintenance projects
- Supervise Technicians
- Maintain cost effective store holdings for essential spare parts and stock-take annually
- Personally carry out minor repairs and adjustments
The Ideal Person
Have a HNC / HND or equivalent in building studies or other relevant discipline with a minimum 2 years' post qualified experience in a building maintenance related discipline or a minimum of 3 years' post qualified experience in a building construction related discipline
Have an ONC or equivalent in Building Studies or other relevant discipline with a minimum of 4 years' post qualified experience in a building maintenance related discipline or a minimum of 3 years' post qualified experience in a building construction related discipline
Have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a Building Maintenance or an Estates Management role in the education sector.
- Experience in Building Surveying duties, including undertaking building surveys and preparing specifications
- Demonstrable knowledge of the current and anticipated challenges related to the role
- Proven ability to achieve challenging targets and objectives through the engagement of teams
- Demonstrable commitment to continuous personal and professional development
- Access to a form of transport to meet the requirements of the post
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion