VANRATH are thrilled to be assisting an award winning Outfitting Contractor based in Newry. They have recently won multiple new large projects and the business is growing which has created some excellent new opportunities including an opportunity for a Logistics Co-Ordinator to work within their Logistics department.
This is a fantastic organisation that offers many opportunities for progression!
This is a Monday - Friday position - 40 hours per week.
£27,000 - £35,000 per year + fantastic benefits in a modern workplace.
- Ensuring on time and cost-effective delivery and return of all materials to and from sites worldwide.
- Providing tracking information and full visibility of all shipments.
- Identifying opportunities to improve transportation methods delivering cost, quality and delivery benefits.
- Developing and confirming transport schedules.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers to include negotiating contracts.
- Use and development of IT systems to track supplies of raw materials and finished products.
- Creation of commercial invoices for all freight movements.
- Effective co-ordination of all Imports and Exports and ensuring full compliance with HMRC regulations and guidelines to include completing TSS/ ENS/ Supplementary Declarations.
- Producing reports on a regular basis for Senior Management.
- Assisting the Logistics Team to deliver KPI's and Performance Targets.
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the department to ensure company targets are met.
- Assist with the training of staff as well as monitoring performance and progress.
- Managing a fleet of delivery vehicles to ensure full maintenance at all times, minimal costs and vehicle tracking.
- Travel to sites if required.
The Ideal Person:
- At least 3 years experience working in a co-ordination role in a Logistics Department.
- Demonstrable knowledge of HMRC Customs, Duty, Commodity Codes , Import & Export Regulations and Brexit related issues.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good IT skills, with experience in effectively working with the Microsoft suite of programmes, in particular, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience in a logistics department in the construction / marine fit out sector.
- Working knowledge of TSS/ ENS/ Supplementary Declaration process.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics or similar ERP system.
For further information on this opportunity, or any other jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Conor Birch in the strictest confidence.
Some feedback from recent VANRATH candidates-
''I would highly recommend VANRATH who I found to be thoroughly helpful, informative and efficient from first point of contact. Within a week of sending my CV I had interviewed and received an offer for a new role''
''Very pleased with the service provided and extremely appreciative to VANRATH, who I'd highly recommend.''
''VANRATH was very helpful in assisting me in obtaining my new employment post. They made care to stay in touch, inform me of any updates and gave me some excellent interview advice. Thank you for all your assistance; I wouldn't think twice about using VANRATH again. Outstanding service.''