A great opportunity to start a Public Sector career in a customer-facing role. This role will help you gain and develop valuable skills across Public Engagement, Information Management Systems, Event Support and Record Keeping. With dedicated support from VANRATH and career advice moving forward!
What you'll get...
- £20,000 starting salary
- Temporary contract with potential to extend
- Full annual leave entitlement up to 37 days
- Benefits package exclusive to VANRATH (includes discount on fuel and groceries)
- Immediate start (notice periods will be taken into consideration)
- Ongoing professional development support and career guidance form our senior consultants
- 5 GCSE passes at grade A-C or equivalent, including English and Maths
- 1 years' experience (paid or voluntary) working in a customer facing environment.
- Comfortable IT skills
Summary of the role:
The Library assistant will assist the Library Manager in the efficient and effective operation of the Library and Information Service. To provide support to members of the public in the use of a range of information resources and services. Operating an online Library Management System which includes but is not limited to:
-Issue, return and renewal of library materials.
-Processing of inter-library loans
-Run overdue reports
-Cataloguing of print resources such as books, journals, AV equipment
-Create and maintain borrower records
Proficient use of software packages such as Office 365 and use One Drive to enable collaborative working practices within the team. Undertaking routine financial transactions and records whilst ensuring correct money handling procedures are adhered to.
Actively participate in Information Days and ensure that customers are given adequate and appropriate advice and guidance during these events.
For more information on this vacancy, or other Public Sector jobs across Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aisling Bishop in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…