Job Title: Library Assistant
- Salary: £21,000 - £22,000
- Based: Ballymoney
Our client is a well-known educational organisation based in Ballymoney.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary of £21,000 - £22,000 dependent on experience
- Company pension
- High Street Perks Card
About your next employer
VANRATH are partnering with a well-known educational organisation to source a Library Assistant to join their team at their Ballymoney site in a full-time temporary role for an initial period of 5 months.
- 5 GCSE passes at Grade A-C or equivalent
- 1 years' experience in a front of house administration setting
- A working knowledge of computerised Information Systems
What you'll do
- Take responsibility for the designated campus Library
- Deliver a high standard of customer care at all times; providing efficient and effective first line support to users of the library in response to a wide range of enquiries made by phone, email, online or in person.
- Assist library users in accessing and using the libraries digital online catalogue
- Assist library users in the access and use of relevant software and digital learning packages
- Assist users with the provision of advice and guidance to help them access, use and locate information resources in both printed and electronic formats.
- Operating an online Library Management System which includes but is not limited to:
-Issue, return and renewal of library materials.
-Processing of inter-library loans
-Run overdue reports
-Cataloguing of print resources such as books, journals, AV equipment
-Create and maintain borrower records
- Carry out administrative tasks associated with the acquisition of library resources by assisting with the resource selection and ensuring all delivery documentation is accounted for.
- Be proficient in the use software packages such as Office 365 and use One Drive to enable collaborative working practices within the team.
- Maintain statistical records in relation to the activity type and number of enquiries for service analysis.
- Ensure that Library resources, equipment and premises are maintained in a safe and operable condition and report any faults to the appropriate personnel.
- Operate booking systems for computer provision, along with other equipment and resources.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Educational role or Northern Ireland, apply via the link below or contact Emma Hall for a confidential chat today.