LGV Driver/Labourer (Public Sector)
Are you looking for a Driver/Labourer (Public Sector) role? Interested in working for a large public body for a period of 6+ months with a possible extension.?
VANRATH are recruiting a Driver/Labourer to provide general driving support to Operational Services to ensure that all refuse is removed from household, industrial and commercial premises such as houses, shops, schools, business premises.
c£20,812, alongside holiday entitlement.
- Operate all vehicle systems which ensure the safety and security of the vehicle, staff and the public.
- Take part in periodic training to improve personal and team performance and provide job training to new members of staff including casuals or agency, including instructing other operatives in the use of plant and vehicle equipment and other training issues relating to the refuse collection and recycling operations.
- Drive and be personal responsible for LGV driving duties on any vehicle provided by the Operational Services Department. Driving duties include inspecting, driving, cleaning and washing. Collect vehicle from operational base and be conversant with all aspects of existing and new equipment.
- Sweeping, collection and removal of all litter, dirt, leaves etc. from public places including roads, pavements and pedestrianised areas as may be required from time to time.
- Assist, advise and deal with enquiries/complaints for members of the public in a polite and courteous matter ensuring that the best operational relationships are maintained.
- Responsible alternatively for non LGV driving duties on any other vehicle provided by Council. Dispose of rubbish at the transfer station or other designated disposal point.
- Responsible for any other duties in the event that driving duties are not required. Duties may be allocated anywhere in the Borough and clearance of any illegal dumping.
The Ideal Person
- Possess a current unendorsed Category C1 Driving Licence
- A minimum of one years' C1 driving experience
- A minimum of one years' continuous LGV driving experience.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.