Legal Bookkeeper (Belfast)
I am delighted to be recruiting for a leading law firm based in the heart of Belfast. My client specialises in providing defence legal services to niche and general insurers. With a proven track record in providing solicitor led, tailored defence legal advice locally, nationally and internationally within the insurance market, this is a fantastic role, with a fantastic firm.
What you'll do
This role has a varied workload, and allows for a finance professional to use their full skill set to maintain the finance function of my client's busy office. As a bookkeeper you will play a vital role in the day to day running of the firm. The successful candidate will carryout the following:
- Bank reconciliations
- Credit control
- Assisting during internal auditing
- Payroll, PAYE
- Cash management
- Responsibility for ledgers
- Assisting the finance team in month end
- Key account management (client and office accounts)
- Any other duties required to meet the needs of the business
The ideal candidate will have previously worked in a busy office environment as a bookkeeper or a similar position. It would be an advantage to have previously worked in a legal setting.
- 5 GCSE's at grade C and above (including Maths and English), or equivalent
- Essential to have worked in a legal environment
- At least 1 years' experience working within a busy finance department
- Preferably an IATI/AAT or a bookkeeping qualification
- Sage experience would be beneficial
- Handling and recording of cash receipts and payments
- High volume bank reconciliations and other balance sheet control account reconciliations
- Effective use of computerised accounts packages
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, and Outlook with strong Excel skills
- Demonstrable understanding of good financial controls
What's in it for you
My client as a generous remuneration package on offer for the successful candidate.
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Employee mentoring programme
- Free parking
- Transport links
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chanel Gillen in the strictest confidence.