Lecturer in Biology
Looking for your next career move in Education? Hoping to build more experience in a temporary role? This might be a good option.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary of £24,013 - £34,812
- High street perks card
- Term time appointment
- Opportunities to work in other campus locations
About your next employer
Your new organisation believes in offering first class education and training in an exciting learning environment to a wide range of individuals and businesses across the southern region. Their mission is to positively transform lives, through making everyone's experience at the College both meaningful and enjoyable.
- A Degree in Biology or closely related discipline
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in English Language or Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy or an equivalent qualification.
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in Mathematics or Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy or NICATS Access Maths Modules or an equivalent qualification.
What you'll do
- Contribute to the development, organisation and delivery of the relevant curriculum area across the college leading to the award of various qualifications relating to own specialism/s.
- Attend meetings on matters relating to students, course co-ordination, management, assessment and development.
- Participate in the marketing of and recruitment to courses within the subject/programme area, including the interviewing of students, attendance at parents evenings, prize-giving, open days, awards ceremonies and other similar departmental/college events.
- Act as a course manager/coordinator.
- Undertake assessor and verifier duties.
- Act as a class tutor to a group of students as required.
- Participate in the student induction, monitoring and reviewing processes.
- Contribute to the process of the requisitioning of equipment and consumables for the subject/programme area.
- Establish links and ongoing liaison with industry, schools, parents, verifiers, inspectors and awarding bodies.
For further information on this job, or any other Education job in Belfast or Northern Ireland, apply via the link below or contact Emma Hall for a confidential chat today.