This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in assisting staff in creating quality digital learning resources , develop your creative and technical skills whilst managing the College's learning technology systems.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package of £26,446-£30,095 per annum.
The client is the main provider of higher and further education and training across a diverse catchment area serving a population of over 429,000 from our campuses in Ballymena, Ballymoney, Coleraine, Magherafelt and Newtownabbey. We provide students with a life-changing, supportive and innovative experience; equipping them with the skills to compete successfully in the global workplace and meet the needs of local industry and employers.
The Ideal Person
As a Learning Assistant with the College, you will provide technical expertise and support to the users of the wide range of services, technology and applications provided by the Creative & Innovative Learning Team. Skillset required;
- Relevant Degree in Computing/ IT
- Experience of using and working with Canvas, Moodle or Blackboard
- Experience of using Microsoft Office, delivering training in learning technologies and providing technical support.
- Experience of using multimedia tools to create, videos, screencasts and animations.
As the Learning Assistant, you will;
- Identify staff instructional design and support responsibilities.
- Liaise with the Learning Technology Manager and Creative Learning Manager to provide necessary training.
- Design and develop interactive learning resources.
- Advise staff members how to improve learning and teaching resources accessibility.
- Provide end-user support for learning technologies, identify common issues and make recommendations how these can be addressed.
- Assist in the maintenance of Canvas, the College's Virtual Learning Environment and other learning systems.
- Design training resources and deliver workshops for students.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT & Tech Temporary job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Caitlin Scollan in the strictest confidence.