Are you looking for a Landscape Planning & Development Officer (Public Sector) role? Interested in working for a Public Sector organisation?
VANRATH are assisting a major Public Sector organisation with the recruitment of a Landscape Planning & Development Officer (Public Sector) in Belfast. The role will initially run for around 3 months, with this highly likely to be extended.
The successful candidate will assist with the development and delivery of landscaping activities which further the aims of the service and to deliver the associated portfolio of responsibilities to agreed quality, time and budget targets, focusing on landscape architecture.
- £16.09 per hour + Fantastic Public Sector Benefits
The Ideal Person
- Have a third level qualification in Landscape Architecture;
- Be an Associate Member of the Landscape Institute, or an equivalent, relevant professional body;
- Have a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland and a car available for official business, or, have access to a form of transport
- Be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least one year's relevant post qualification experience, gained in the workplace, in each of the following areas:
- landscape planning, design and development including the management of landscape design contracts on site, and using AutoCAD and other relevant landscape design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite and NBS Landscape; and
- working with various bodies, local communities, statutory and non-statutory agencies in relation to landscape design; and
- preparation and submission of planning applications and a good working knowledge of the local planning process.
- To contribute to in liaison with the Senior Landscape Planning and Development Officers and the Landscape Planning and Development Manager an annual programme of project work as agreed and prioritised by Department's Land and Capital Programme involving landscape planning input, formulating planning proposals and to prioritise, timetable and cost the work for approval.
- To assist in the delivery of a range of landscape projects associated with council maintained open spaces e.g. parks, playgrounds, cemeteries, sports pitches, civic spaces and community gardens.
- To assist in the preparation of all relevant technical information required to deliver landscape projects e.g. design briefs, project programmes, cost estimates, production information, written specifications and presentation drawings.
- To inspect and report on site works associated with the delivery of landscape projects.
- To assist in the preparation of appropriate landscape planning information for the development of Management Plans for selected parks and open spaces.
- To assist in the production of planning and design work, cost estimation and construction supervision required for playground sites selected for improvement under the Councils' Playground Refurbishment Programme.
- To assist with technical consultations from DoE Planning Service on external applications impacting upon council maintained open space through their electronic planning application system.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Glenn Roberts in the strictest confidence.