VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting a Laboratory Technician to support our scientific public sector client in their upcoming research projects.
The Laboratory Technician position will initially run for 3-6 months, with a high chance of extension and progression routes for the right candidate.
37 hours a week
Mon - Fri.
£19K + holiday pay + pension
The Ideal Person
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's including a science subject
- General science background would be beneficial
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment would be beneficial.
- IT & Computing skills would be beneficial.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work flexible working hours
- Collection, sorting, and analysis of samples, recording any issues/non-conformances.
- Maintenance of laboratory records. This involves working with Excel spreadsheets, scanning, filing and emailing paperwork, as well as calibration and maintenance of related lab equipment as required.
- Logging details of samples onto the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).Maintenance of general cleanliness within the main laboratories
- Ordering and collection of store items.
- Stock taking of consumable items, monitoring usage of chemicals and consumables.
- Ability to work as part of a team delivering research results within specific time schedule
For further information on this vacancy, or any other scientific or data roles in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aoife O'Kennedy in the strictest confidence.