VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting a Laboratory Attendant to support our scientific public sector client in their upcoming research projects.
The role will initially run for 3 months, with a high chance of extension and progression routes for the right candidate.
Full time, 37 hours a week Mon - Fri.
£19K + holiday pay + pension
The Ideal Person
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's including a science subject
- General science background would be beneficial
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment would be beneficial.
- IT & Computing skills would be beneficial.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work flexible working hours
- Collection, sorting, and analysis of samples, recording any issues/non-conformances.
- Ability to work as part of a team delivering research results within specific time schedule
- Logging details of samples onto the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Maintenance of general cleanliness within the main laboratories
- Maintenance of laboratory records. This involves working with Excel spreadsheets, scanning, filing and emailing paperwork, as well as calibration and maintenance of related lab equipment as required.
- Stock taking of consumable items, monitoring usage of chemicals and consumables.
- Ordering and collection of store items.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other scientific or data roles in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Aoife O'Kennedy in the strictest confidence.
028 90 330 250