Job Title: Learning & Development Specialist
Salary: £35000 per annum
Duration: Full time / Permanent
Are you a passionate trainer with a knack for planning, executing and getting involved with your colleagues Learning and Development? Can you provide training to ensure new starts, apprentices and seasoned staff are trained and upskilled on a regular basis, enhancing their personal development while adding value to the wider company?
VANRATH are thrilled to be working on behalf of our client, an award production company based in Mallusk, in the recruitment of an experienced L&D Specialist. This role will report to the HR Director but will retain autonomy and will suit the kind of person who can roll their sleeves up, get their hands dirty while providing ongoing specialist training from the classroom to the factory floor. You will ensure all employees have a full understanding of their role through on-going comprehensive training, demonstration and mentoring.
Package & Benefits:
- Competitive salary of £35k
- Free Parking
- Career Progression opportunities
- 32x days annual leave
- ...and many more
- Write training programs for all job roles within the production departments.
- Deliver training to ensure rapid upskilling of new recruits
- Deliver ongoing training to current employees to ensure competencies within core areas are maintained.
- Deliver physical training on location to include manual handling training
- Deliver physical machine training to include overhead crane and counterbalance forklift.
- Create an annual training plan to ensure refresher training is delivered when necessary to ensure full compliance with legislation.
- Perform alcohol and drugs testing with a systematic approach and when cause arises.
- Deliver induction training for new staff prior to starting employment with the company to ensure full understanding of company policies and procedures.
- Create, maintain and update training matrices for all staff in various department to anticipate gaps in training.
- Ensure all employees are given opportunity to gain 6 core skills within first 9 months of employment.
- Gather information from annual appraisals to highlight training requirements.
- Work closely with managers and apprentices to ensure all levels of training are offered.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs to adapt/advance future training provisions.
- Ensuring adequate training resources are available before training course commences.
- Maintain accurate and well-presented training materials including course PowerPoint presentations.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 3-4 years' experience within a dedicated Learning and Development role (ideally in a manufacturing environment)
- Experience of creating and delivering bespoke training
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn and demonstrate new skills required for the variety of roles
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build strong working relationships
- Excellent administration, usage of all Microsoft programmes and attention to detail
For further information on this exciting L&D vacancy, or any other HR related vacancy in NI, please contact Jason Glenn via the link below in the strictest confidence or reach out on LinkedIn.