VANRATH have partnered with a market-leader in the Baking industry. This client is seeking to add an account manager to the team, the successful candidate will grow sales and develop on customer relationships on key accounts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for any account manager or key account manager experienced individual to join a longstanding company that offers many routes for progression.
Monday to Friday role with hybrid options.
£30,000 - £45,000 basic wage + up to 15% bonus plus a fantastic benefits package.
(considering junior and senior candidates within Food/FMCG for this position)
- Able to deliver forecasts based on ensuring accurate assumptions via the following: understanding current customer landscape i.e. growth/decline/opportunities, competitor landscape & promotional activity
- Works with the customer to gain future insight & alignment
- Extrapolates trends to provide insight, able to translate into a number (volume/value)
- Works closely with demand planning and category teams to build these assumptions, takes a longer-term future view
- Understands pricing architecture and implementation of gross to the net framework
- Ability to translate/present options through an understanding of full mix management
- Support the wider team with reporting
- Customer Spend Management
Winning with customers:
- Able to sell to customers using pre-prepared category data and insight
- Uses different lines of questioning to gain customer insight and information to ascertain the customer needs
- Creates a compelling sales story by understanding the need & selling the benefits of the company solution
- Can reference how the company solutions fit in with the customer's strategy
- Building trust with customers through understanding and delivering against the hierarchy of needs
- Has a basic level understanding of margins and pricing to be able to calculate benefits for customers and for the company
- Understands the impacts of different types of investment on the P&L (e.g. lump sums, pence per loaf and % investment)
- Has a basic understanding of RGM principles (e.g. target GMAS per loaf, minimum NSV rates etc)
- Always aims to sell before negotiating
- Understands customer requirements through questioning and short term and long term outcome
- Has a basic plan for customer negotiations with established walk away points and some concessions to trade
- Manages internal stakeholders through the negotiation process, aligning qualitative and quantitative outcomes
The Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) and / or several years experience
- Experience in blue-chip FMCG
- Specific Account Management experience
- Excellent salesperson and strong negotiator
- Experience in new business development
- Commercial acumen &analytical - Excel / PowerPoint / Google
- Good understanding of forecasting and track record of forecast accuracy
- Passionate and tenacious
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills
- Understanding of own personal style and ability to flex
While not essential, preference will be given to those candidates who have
- Full P&L responsibility
- Experience within allocated accounts or similar
- Training: customer meeting process, negotiation skills, managing customer's effectively & influencing skills
- Knowledge of bakery industry
- A variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
- We offer competitive annual leave entitlement and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
- We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
- We offer three levels of pensions
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Sales & Marketing Roles in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Conor Groves in the strictest confidence.
Recent Feedback from our candidates:
''I found Vanrath very professional from the off, they took the time to understand my background and experience only putting me forward for Jobs, that were suitable both with respect to my experience and abilities as well as my intended career direction.''
''VANRATH were extremely supportive throughout the recruitment process and answered any queries I had, whilst keeping me informed of progress the entire time. This provided me with more confidence going into the interviews and helped me to secure my new role. Highly recommend!''
''Had a brilliant experience with Vanrath, after having used many other recruiters in the past VANRATH really listened to what type of role I wanted and made the whole process very smooth and easy!''