- Job Reference: JSJQS050822
- Job Title: Junior Quantity Surveyor
- Salary: £30k to £35k DOE
- Location: Belfast Metropolitan Area
Junior Quantity Surveyor
Are you a qualified Quantity Surveyor looking to take the next step in your career? Interested in a role within one of the UK's best renowned specialist consultancies?
VANRATH are recruiting a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join our client's cost management team as part of their Infrastructure division.
Remote/Hybrid working arrangements can be discussed.
c£30,000 to £35,000 dependant upon experience.
Our client is a specialist infrastructure business operating across a wide range of sectors throughout the UK, including Rail, Water / Wastewater, Highways & Transportation, Renewables, Structural and Geotechnical engineering.
Following years of continued success and growth, and with an expansive, varied pipeline of upcoming projects, they are looking to invest in the future and bring in Junior Level Talent to develop and fast track into more senior level positions at an expedited rate.
- To provide support to the Cost Management Team undertaking cost management of multi-million post contract works including reporting to & taking briefs from clients to produce best practice solutions.
- To undertake cost and contract support for construction project planning and delivery including budget cost estimation, risk forecasting and cost/value management. To provide project cost control through cost forecasting/outturns, contract management & administration and performance management of projects.
- To regularly update Senior Management on the progress of projects and provide high quality information to assist the business in decision-making.
- Work standard to meet and follow the quality standards expected, ensuring personnel and staff comply with all procedures.
- Processing of interim monthly valuation assessments and payment certificates for projects.
The Ideal Person
- Third level qualification in related discipline
- 2+ Years experience in Quantity Surveying
- Commercial Awareness
- Desire to pursue Chartership would be advantageous.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby on 028 9033 0250 for a confidential discussion.