Junior Quantity Surveyor.
Are you looking for a Junior Quantity Surveyor role? Interested in working for an organisation renowned for delivering Project Management Services and Procurement Expertise on Water & Wastewater, Leisure, Health and Building Projects?
VANRATH are recruiting a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join a team providing and managing quantity surveying services on a range of projects. You will have the responsibility for full cost management of multi-million-pound pre and post contract works including reporting to clients.
c£28,000, alongside excellent holiday entitlement.
Our client is a specialist infrastructure business operating across a wide range of sectors throughout the UK, including Water / Wastewater, Highways & Transportation, Building, Structural and Geotechnical engineering.
The Ideal Person
- BSc/MSc in Quantity Surveying or other relevant business discipline
- Chartered Surveyor (RICS or equivalent)
- Construction industry experience
- Pre and Post contract experience including Cost Estimates / Feasibilities, Cost Planning, Life Cycle Cost Analysis, Construction Procurement options and preparation of tender documentation using computer aided take-off software packages, Value Engineering, Change control, Cost Reporting, Post contract administration and management.
- Experience of NEC and JCT Contracts
- Work with both our own internal PM's and design teams and external consultants.
- To ensure contracts are administered correctly and regular reporting to Company senior cost management team.
- Dealing with all aspects of cost management and project team where appropriate
- To regularly liaise and build relationships with colleagues ensuring consistency of service delivery.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of clients, competitors, client care policy.
- To mentor and support staff including trainees and graduates in their professional development.
- Standard of work to meet and follow the quality standards of Company polices and that expected of a Chartered RICS (OR equivalent) Surveyor
- Represent the Company in a professional and diligent manner and form strong working relationships with colleagues and Clients.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.