Junior Quantity Surveyor
Our client is one of Northern Ireland's leading Electrical & Building contractors with nearly 35 years of valuable experience within numerous sectors, including the Industrial, Commercial and Domestic Construction sectors.
Due to expansion they are looking for a Junior Quantity Surveyor to join the team. The role will encompass the Electrical and Building Contracting Division. You will play a key role within the company and report directly to the Managing Director. With the company's continued growth plans there will be the potential for increased responsibilities and therefore career progression.
£27,500 - £35,000+ Benefits DOE
- Assist site teams in the successful implementation of Client's Policies and Procedures.
- Liaise with sub-contractors on all health & safety matters through all stages of the project.
- Carry out audits to determine compliance with the company procedures and highlight non conformance.
- Chair weekly Health and Safety Meetings.
- Participate in progress reports.
- Complete accident & incident investigations.
- Ensure relevant inspections and checks are carried out with records maintained.
- Monitor the Health & Safety performance of site and report to back to the senior management team.
- Assist the Health & Safety Manager in promoting best practice throughout Client's using various initiatives.
- Carry out / review & Approve risk assessments.
- Management of Temporary Works eg. Scaffolding, propping, hoardings, hoists etc.
- Liaise with external health and safety authorities.
- Adopt a Continuous Improvement approach to processes and practices.
The Ideal Person
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
- 2+ year's experience gained in a similar role.
- Knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation.
- Knowledge of PPC Regulations.
- Environmental Qualification.
- Fire Warden Qualification.
- First Aid Qualification.
- NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate.
- Full driving license and access to a vehicle.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Daniel Peacock in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more...