Junior DevOps (Developer background - 50-60k)
VANRATH are pleased to be working with a large financial intermediary who are looking for a Junior DevOps (Developer background - 50-60k) to join the team. This is a great time to join with the tooling not yet to be picked and so have a say on the best way to move forward and what tech to use. Ideally the company would like someone to come from a Java development background and have an interest in DevOps. Training on tools such as Kubernetes would be provided.
- Support the business in adopting processes and techniques to support an agile delivery model
- Work with Platform and Cloud engineering team, architects, developers, testers and operations to automate builds, deployment and release of applications running on-premise and cloud
- Adopt and implement tooling required for CI/CD for applications
- Assist and architect where appropriate Microservices using containerisation and serverless technologies
- Be the key automation driver for Environment management, logging and monitoring
- Engage with wider teams to build strong relationships that can be leveraged to adopt best possible methods for increasing efficiency of software delivery
- To fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
Experience - Development background + 1 more
- Deep understanding of 'DevOps' principles in general
- Platforms; Windows Server, AWS, Linux
- Proficiency in at least one of the following scripting languages; Python, PowerShell, Bash, Groovy
- Developer tooling; Full stack CI/CD, GitLab, TFS, SVN, Jenkins, CloudBees, Jira, AWS services, Ansible, AppDynamics, EKS
- Knowledge and working experience of containerising application components including writing DockerFile and container deployment manifests
- Deep understanding of Jenkins and pipelines as code
- Experience of working with agile teams
- Experience with multi-tier architectures: load balancers, web servers, application servers, databases, and networking
Salary for the role is open to negotiation but would be between £50-60k
To find out more information on the role advertised, please submit your CV a or contact Matthew Evers at VANRATH in the strictest confidence.
Please see below for some of my recent testimonials available on Google.
"Highly recommend VANRATH for your search in a new job. Matthew was fantastic from start to finish. You can tell he genuinely cares about his clients. He is very knowledgeable about each role and in particular he was great at providing regular updates with various arising situations. Thank you again!. "
"I am a nightmare for external recruiters. There are 3 of about 60 that have ever met my standard. VANRATH exceeded my expectations through the person of Matthew Evers. As a US manager hiring in Belfast for the first time, I needed some hand holding. At the same time I needed a recruiter who did not waste my time selling me candidates. I needed a recruiter who took the time to understand what I was looking for, what my team valued and then be diligent in finding those sorts of candidates. Over 60% of the resumes submitted to me went to screen (it's usually %5). Of the screens more than 80% went to the project portion of the interview. (usually its about 50%).Matthew asked many thoughtful and pointed questions up front and clearly built a profile to be executed upon. Beyond that he was happy to help me understand the Irish market and norms. I personally recommend this team with no reservations. ".