Junior C++ Developer
Junior C++ Developer required to work with some of the top fintech brains in the industry.
Our latest VANRATH client are urgently looking for a Junior C++ developer to join an elite team.
The work is very interesting and very challenging so you need to be more than just a coder to fit in.
Our client operate in a large scale data environment with petabytes of market and analytic data, and generates real-time data in time-frames from milliseconds to minutes. This is an opportunity to work within a team of people with experience in financial markets, computer and data science, and with a keen interest in discovering new sources of information for financial markets.
They are headquartered in New York City but have a small high profile team here in Belfast/N.I
This role is largely remote but you can come in if you want to collobrate and learn from some of the seniors.
This is an opportunity to work in a team of financial engineers and computer and data scientists, applying cutting-edge technology, machine learning and mathematics to real-time financial markets data and risk.
Develop and implement quantitative software applications to process and analyze real-time financial market data in a high-performance computing environment
· Maintain and optimize existing software applications, and recommend and implement improvements
· Write technical specifications, project plans, and technical documentation; translate business requirements into functional specifications and project plans
· Regular communication with senior management and technical colleagues
· Processing, collecting and analyzing financial market data, including high frequency real-time pricing data and reference data
· Monitor and improve the quality of analytical data generated from our applications; develop/work with reference data team to add or modify reference data sources
· Work with product managers and business development team to write documentation, technical specifications, project plans and sales material for our data and applications
The ideal person:
Education: BA/BS in STEM field
· STEM background with an interest in financial markets, derivatives pricing, quantitative modeling, and risk analytics.
· Minimum 2 years of professional C++ or Java related experiences.
· Linux background.
· Professional experiences of any scripting languages, bash/perl/python, etc.
· Demonstrate ability to work as a self-starter requiring limited supervision; take ownership of projects from start to finish from requirements and specifications to QA testing, documentation, and production release.
· Strong ability to multi-task, and to work within a global team, prioritize tasks, and meet deadline
· Proven ability to perform low level profiling and C++/Java application optimization, debugging, i/o throughput optimization, memory efficiency, complex multi-threading.
. Programming in CUDA
. Financial markets experience (market data, reference data, risk)
Analytical and quantitative mindset, capable of translating concepts into actions Demonstrate ability to work as a self-starter requiring limited supervision, with a strong attention to detail
Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively across projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Able to fit into a small organization where strong interpersonal and team skills are essential
Benefits include: Competitive Salary around £60k + 12.5% bonus ,Company Pension, Health Care, & Life Assurance Scheme,Flexible / Remote Working.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Phil Gamble in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…