- Job Reference: JSJB130923
- Job Title: Junior Buyer
- Salary: £25k to £30k DOE
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Larne
Are you interested in starting a career as a Buyer for a leading Northern Irish manufacturer?
VANRATH are recruiting a Junior Buyer to assist our client with procurement, sourcing, negotiating and managing supplier contracts.
Our client is a leading manufacturer and distributor, with a rich heritage and history of providing limestone based products to both the construction and agriculture industries.
With a manufacturing operation based across 75 acres and 4 distribution centres, they have developed heir own range of products and brands and lead the market in innovation.
£25k to £30k dependant upon experience
Bonus Scheme: paid twice annually
31 days holiday (increase with length of service)
Pension Scheme: 6%ER, 4% EE (8% ER after 5 years)
AXA Private Medical Insurance
- Onboarding of approved suppliers
- Processing and investigation of invoice queries
- Creation and maintenance of New Product Item Cards
- Management of tender process for goods and services
- Negotiation of Supply Agreements and Purchase costs
- Ensure timely delivery and quality standards for goods and services
- Generate purchase orders to meet manufacturing requirements with use of MRP
- Create and Manage Purchase Orders for Maintenance and Site Services across all sites
- Creating, Updating, and reporting on Supplier Delivery Performance, OTIF and PPV KPI's
- Auditing of suppliers in line with Business needs to ensure they meet the required standards
- Identify, source, and negotiate terms and conditions for supply of non-production related materials
- Maintain the Approved Supplier List and Appraisal System, creating new suppliers, and maintain records
- Compile data to report on material prices, stock levels, and ad hoc reports to support effective purchasing
- Communication with suppliers for delivery dates, orders and returns, and expediting orders where there is a requirement.
- Sourcing and evaluation of Alternative suppliers for Site Services, Maintenance, and services in line with business requirements
The Ideal Person:
- Minimum 1 year's experience in purchasing role
- Basic understanding in the use of Navision
- Knowledge of warehouse management
- Experience in Manufacturing environment
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250