VANRATH are assisting with the recruitment of a Junior Associate - Corporate for a leading global law firm.
This proves to be a fantastic opportunity for a professional who wants to progress their career in the Legal industry and widen their knowledge in a Global organisation that places immense value on their staff. This organisation builds rewarding careers for their staff, with many opportunities for progression.
This is a Monday - Friday (Permanent) position.
Highly Competitive Salary and Fully Negotiable + Fantastic benefits from Global Firm & Progression Opportunities
Junior Associates will work independently, lead a team and be the first line of support for Associates and Senior Associates.
- Issue spotting and report writing/drafting
- Leading projects/teams
- Quality controlling the work of more junior members of the team
- Training junior team members
- Owning relationships with clients (both internal and external)
- Continuing to build their own expertise and the profile of A&O Belfast through spending periods on secondment to clients (internal or external)
The Ideal Person
- Qualified solicitor (or equivalent) with corporate experience
- Strong technical corporate experience with the ability to lead key corporate transactions, in particular leading on due diligence exercises
- Solid experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Broad understanding of general company law principles
- Interest in complex multi-jurisdictional corporate reorganisation and legal entity integration projects and experience of managing teams of overseas lawyers (often from other law firms), providing local law support to the client desirable
- Equity and debt capital markets experience desirable
- Consistently demonstrate a professional manner with evidence of exceptional levels of judgement, commercial awareness and critical thinking
If you would like more information on this or any other role please contact Jack Groves in the strictest confidence on 02890330250.