Java Systems Architect (Fintech/Payments) 100% remote role
Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a fast growing US FDI
Our client is simply unique - They're well-funded, have an awesome team, marketing leading products & a great product-market fit. They also have all the benefits you'd expect from a well funded US tech champion.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in our clients exciting growth story as they continue to build the next generation of capabilities in the payment processing space. With a team of around 180 across NI and the UK now is a great time to come on board.
A bit about our client:
Our client drives commerce for businesses with anytime, anywhere payment solutions, delivering exceptional integrated payment technology and serves to meet the diverse and specialised requirements of merchant providers. Headquartered in Chicago and founded in 2003, our client have serviced over 30,000 clients and have processed over $10 billion in annual card volume. Here you will be joining a team of industry leaders with over 200 years of payments industry experience who believe in outcomes over outputs, looking for curious, driven and pragmatic individuals to continue and drive forward their vision as trusted advisers and recognised experts in payments.
This role is responsible for the architectural design and development of our clients high throughput transaction payment processing platforms. As part of a dynamic and exciting team of senior Architecture and development leads, the individual will work with a variety of Java frameworks, libraries, and services, while utilising state-of-the-art software techniques.
The role is responsible for working in a variety of different situations and types of projects on scalability, reliability and efficiency improvement. Our working environment empowers software engineers and lets them focus on the technical challenges of solving problems, rather than dealing with bureaucracy or inefficient processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand merchant and partner needs, problems, and expectations and take action to address expectations through high quality, innovative solutions that deliver value to our customers.
- Improve the software development process, methodologies, and tools through applied experience, automation, and simplification.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate and useful on time - we build quality into all stages of the software lifecycle, with a focus on end-user observable (and testable) system behaviours.
- Identify critical activities & tasks on projects, help with estimation and planning, ensure timely and accurate communication of status, resolution of issues, and contribute beyond assigned tasks - adjusting priorities when appropriate.
- Develop systems using efficient, secure and clear code following industry and company standards.
- Assist with software deployment activities to internal test environments and our production data centres - the team is responsible for Requirements Analysis through to Release.
- Be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Be a team player and role model, exhibiting a professional attitude, building work relationships, demonstrating flexibility, and supporting workplace ethics.
- 7-10 years in a Software Engineering position.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- Expertise with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design, and related areas.
- Expert level understanding of database design and development, experience with large data sets
- Understanding of both public and private cloud compute and networking stacks, deep understanding of HTTP
- Experience in server-side product development with Java J2EE.
- Experience with J2EE Application Servers, preferably Wildfly or JBos
- Nice to haves;
- Experience developing secure web-applications, preferably in a PCI-DSS setting.
- Experience in building fault-tolerant scalable systems, understanding of load balancing concepts
- Experience working with JPA2 and Hibernate, preferably with MySQL 5.7+ with InnoDB
- Experience with NoSQL databases, preferably BigQuery
- REST API design and implementation with Java, working knowledge of JAX-RS & RESTEasy, experience with OpenAPI and Swagger
- Experience in developing multi-threaded concurrent code
- Experience with Maven
- Expert level Linux user, Git and SVN user
- Clustered cache solutions, preferably Infinispan
- J2EE CDI
- CI/CD build, test and deploy automation
* Market leading salary
* Unlimited holidays
* Fully remote working
* Greenfield projects
* £500 onboarding allowance
* £50 towards broadband
To find out more information on the role advertised, please call Phil Gamble directly or send in your CV via the link below.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…